Rumors and new releases thread

Depending on how well the X over is designed you can change the capacitance/inductance on 2 lines (basically plugging them in/out in parallel to the other ones) to adjust the crossover point/overlap type

3 Likes

Just saw this. $1499 USD, too much for me ATM. First batch Limited to 30. I thought the meteor was great. Couldn’t find driver configuration

1 Like

It seems Symphonium transcended driver specifications. All you customers need to know it’s FLAT + PHAT. But behold! The cable needs a detailed description: Altalune Audio Novaron 26AWG Type 2 Litz OCC copper cable with 4-wire or 8-wire assembly. /irony_off

8 Likes

Kinera Celest Wyvgern - 1 LCP DD - $25

Kinera Celest Wyvgern / Wyvgern Pro 10mm Dynamic Driver In-Ear Monitor Earphones — HiFiGo

Gizaudio × Binary IEMs

Gizaudio × Binary IEMs — HiFiGo

Topping D70 Pro OCTO 8X CS43198 Bluetooth 5.1 DAC - $599

Topping D70 Pro OCTO 8X CS43198 Bluetooth 5.1 Decorder HiFi DAC — HiFiGo

3 Likes

re: 10 mm LCP DD - Juzear also released something new based on a similar (the same?) driver.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005947073174.html

2 Likes

that sounds pretty cool…but having to pair it with an amp with the analog VU meter…bleh!

Hard to resist a release that comes with tuning concept! It even has a shell design.

3 Likes

A tuning concept would be a novelty for Kinera👀

3 Likes

Tiandirenhe (I can’t believe I can spell that without trying hard these days) is trying for some midrange / expensive sets!

2 Likes

While I agree that it doesn’t seem like a top priority for most of their sets, they produce some novel stuff and I have been a big fan of some of their tunings (Nanna OG, Imperial Loki).

1 Like

Hot damn Kinera, from Zero to Hero. I mean as a chifi brand it is noteworthy to mention that they consider our aural wellbeing.

true, their graphs always trip me out.

1 Like

Nanna seems nice. Have the Og Idun, that’s just ouch, The Vesper which was fine for its time and the Gumiho which is ok but dull and sharp at the same time.
Kinera does make some of the prettiest sets and nicest cables tho. The Gumiho cables lives forever on my B3

1 Like

German / European distributor has the Fiio FT3 with 32 Ohm in stock.

Audeze’s prices are gonna go up…they’ve just been acquired by Sony. >.<

11 Likes

Wow! THE GIANT acquiring a smaller giant. That’s a pretty buck :wink:

Yesterday I read about a new gaming headset from Sony with a planar driver, the Pulse Elite Wireless for $150 and was wondering where they get the drivers from. Now it’s clear.

7 Likes

those are some wild looking and oddly very appealing headphones. I wonder if it has dual mics for enhance audio pickup.

4 Likes

Both are planars! Planar TWS! If it has some decent FR it could be a game changer! Just imagine a 7Hz Timeless in a TWS body… for less price than the wired one… They plan selling millions of pairs, so they can push down the production cost of the drivers. It could really be a breakthrough in the planar game… Everybody said 2022 was the planar IEM year. Whenever this one will be out, that will be the year of the planars.

About the acquisition - the giant acquired a relatively small company with an exotic driver technology, that’s advantageous for both of them. Audeze will have more resources (for some control) and Sony gains a driver technology that’s tried and has a reputation. Audeze gained an enormous momentum, let’s see what they (and us) can profit from it.

The only thing that makes me skeptical is the acquisition of STAX by Edifier. What happened since then? A nicer headband, a new model, but nothing groundbreaking. Edifier launched a bluetooth headphone (Stax S3) with Audeze’s planar driver. I guess the deal there was that Audeze used Edifier as an OEM factory for their LCD1 model, and with some kind of deal in the background they could come out with the closed back wireless version after Audeze discontinued their not-so-popular version. So fingers crossed for this new challenge.

2 Likes

Think it is only one.

The other arm gives it kind of a predator look for me.

Problem here is that Audeze is not really famous for their IEM Planar driver. iSine and Euclid don’t have the best reputation. Luckily they can fix a lot with DSP here.

Before I knew they bought Audeze I thought they could be using a micro planar for the TWS, something like in the Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2.

2 Likes

I wonder just how different that driver is from the Maxwell’s driver, if it’s the same driver, that’s a super interesting product.
As for the TWS, a planar TWS using an Audeze driver? Sick.

Needless to say, I’m very intrigued.
This is a win-win (I hope at least) Audeze gets direct access to the coffers of Sony, and Sony gets to utilize the specialization that Audeze has in planar tech. And in the end, it creates what I hope is proper audio products with a good price in the very obvious consumer market.