Rumors and new releases thread

Rising Sun

1 Like

We’re probably not there loyal customer base. The folks in Japan are.

1 Like

You know what, I think Fostex has the right. It has the legacy and history behind it, if other new-name companies can charge thousands of dollars for their headphones, why can’t Fostex raise their prices for a limited edition?

Imo, the whole market is insane when it comes to prices, but if you at least try putting yourself in the shoes of these large companies that have been around forever, you can justify what they are doing.

4 Likes

Final Audio is doing something truly great, something that I personally believe is the future of headphones—extremely lightweight and slim headphones. All these audiophile headphones are great for enthusiasts like ourselves, but it is also a factor that isn’t allowing the industry to reach wider audiences.

Of course, slapping a 5k price tag on such a headphone isn’t quite helpful, but at least it’s a step in the right direction. If they are the ones to bring it to market and it is well received, perhaps we will see companies following those steps but at a significantly lower price. That’s the ideal outcome

1 Like

Not sure of the number yet but I bet they sell out real quick…the TH900 limited colours sell well even at a premium :+1:

3 Likes

By many accounts they make the best headphone in the world, so they can push the price since they’ve established that reputation.

1 Like

Hmmm ok, fair enough. I do hope these are made in Japan though. Then the value feels added. I do know most to all biodynamic drivers are all Chinese now.

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy Simgot + passive radiator: Take 2

We’re gonna find out if they learned their lesson from last time. Should be cheaper too

8 Likes

DUNU is coming at us with a 1DD + 4BA + 4EST tribrid too. 11/11 season is coming, kiddos

8 Likes

And that’s “only the first half”… are we going to see our first IEMs sold as a set of 4, two in each ear?

3 Likes

The shells look like they’re made of metal.

That’s part 2

1 Like

Reminds me of Letshuoer Cadenza and Hifiman Svanar.

3 Likes

New Truthear iem.
1DD + 4BA

8 Likes

There they finally use one of the Madoka waifus for a new release. Though I hoped for a flagship Truthear. :sob:

Drop + xDuoo TA-84 OTL Tube Amp/DAC | Audiophile | DACs | Amp Combo DACs

$299 for pre-order

3 Likes

Moondrop Darksaber $800 2DD + 8BA

4 Likes

I’m very interested in the graph on this one

“We’re glad to update our flagship lineup and bring DARK SABER. It uses 2DD+8BA driver configuration and adopts H.O.D.D.D.U.S. module for extraordinary bass” Bassy Moondrop? curious indeed.

1 Like

The shape of NOVA looks not bad. More ergonomic?

3 Likes