Rumors and new releases thread

That cable reminds me of my stock Focal cable, which I never use because of the stiffness of its construction.

2 Likes

if you look closely it is the Focal cable :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

It may be something new - that could be an engineering sample floating around.

Here’s a link that is in Chinese but just let google translate for you. There’s a little bit of chatter of the Aune AR-5000 in the thread.

That Hakugei lucky voice cable has quality issues I had 6 now 3 stopped working the ends spin arround and 1 is wired out of phase acording to the earhook

Yes that’s the one. I do use mine sometimes, cuz of it’s sonic capabilities. But yeah, it’s a very stubborn serpant that just can’t be tamed.

1 Like

Cayin Jazz 80, Bluetooth Tube Integrated Amplifier with 2x 40 watts…

7 Likes

This amp looks sexy AF - sad that I can’t afford it. I never wanted a tube amp (nor have one) till I saw this one.

4 Likes

ooof Im glad I dodged that one. Same problem with the purple peace cable?

1 Like

Yup , My purple piece earhooks came loose , Joyfull voice ok. Maybe they fixed the quality issues now I bought mine when they first came out.

1 Like

Drop + xDuoo TA-84 OTL Headphone Amp

7 Likes

Been looking at Tube Amps to purchase next year, I might need to keep an eye on this. I am still leaning towards the Valhalla 2 though.

2 Likes

Also Moondrop got some stuff coming
https://twitter.com/MoondropLab/status/1702604058144432223/photo/1

4 Likes

NSYNC reunites to release a new single/

2 Likes

robin-williams

7 Likes

Kiwi Ears introduces their first planar in-ear monitor (IEM), featuring an in-house 12mm planar driver

In-house? Interesting if true

Bass-Lover’s Dream: Unlike the neutral tonal balance of other Kiwi Ears IEMs, the Melody caters to bass enthusiasts with a tuned emphasis on powerful bass output characteristic of planar drivers.

NOW we’re talking, definitely paying attention to this one.

2 Likes

Fostex TH616
“FOSTEX TH616 (scheduled to be released on October 28, 2023)”
A limited-edition model with a built-in Biodyna diaphragm driver, featuring a housing machined from high-quality solid black walnut wood that resembles a ray of light.

Price: 154,000 YEN /~980 EUR /±1050 USD

11 Likes

Interesting. Like the idea and the design and all, but $1000 is still steep for them given the market right now, and when you can grab other Drop-Fostex/Denon/E-MU headphones for half the price at times - and pay more for… just for a little more CNC to open the earcups? I guess they didn’t budge on the price tag their - Fostex being Fostex. One question: Made in Japan? Cuz then I guess the price may make some sense. But the current competition still doesn’t.

PS: Also, I’d like to tease you guys with my Modded E-MU at this point (couple of 3d printing, grills etc., for much lesser, and yes, Open Back does sound better if you were gonna ask) if you don’t mind, at which point, I’ll definitely pass despite how much I love biodyna cans:

5 Likes

Prices for Fostex headphones went up like crazy!

2 Likes

Yeah these guys and the Final Audio folks - feel a bit entitled methinks.

1 Like