Rumors and new releases thread

No, but he did go kinda hard on the Helios.

I take anything these reviewers say with extreme grain of salt, especially when they have a habit of gushing or shilling the product in such a niche hobby.

Still, waiting to hear info on this “zeus” but also no news so far on that moondrop headphone either

4 Likes

noisy crickets

1 Like

16:53 confirmation… It’ll probably be another jerk off session

1 Like

look at a takstar pro 82 unboxing for how cheap they go for the unboxing experience is something to be awed at

Just keep in mind every dollar spent on packaging could have been a dollar spent on sound.

6 Likes

True to a point. Once you start getting past certain price points I’d guess that there’s a certain expectation of the entire experience of a product, straight from the unboxing.

Not a fan of unboxing experiences. Package your product well and then let it do the talking.

6 Likes

eh, in my opinion if the price tag is over the $200 marker it should have some sort of case or bag that comes with it. No excuse for not having one, it doesn’t need to be real fancy.

1 Like

I’m imaging a $1000 headphone or amp or DAC and it comes in that horrible crimped plastic clams shell that are universally loathed.

and have a tagline about being environmentally friendly and bonus, it doesn’t come with cables since you’ll hate them anyways.

For anyone really looking forward to a new Jotunheim

3 Likes

23 products in development!

That’s quite impressive for a company that size.

2 Likes

mebe it’s 23 Jotunheim boards with different resisters and caps as they tune for sound? LoL!

3 Likes

Its probably a number of refreshes to existing stuff.
I can see a new amp, preamp and headamps on the way as well as sol2

Steve Guttenburg mentioned in some video of his that he spoke to Jason and Jason mentioned a CD transport was in the works.

2 Likes

Asgard 4 you think?

Imo fuck carrying cases and bags if these companies can’t even nail a more essential part of a headphone, the cable

1 Like

Hopefully a new modi

1 Like

lol, your just mad that beyer shoved an attached cable on your DT 990.

would be nice to see an updated magni, asgard, and modi.

1 Like

I agree with both of you. be nice to see the Modi get tweaked so it’s worth getting / using with the Magni 3+ and Heresy.

I really would love to have a Modi, Loki, Magni / Heresy stack :smiley: