Rumors and new releases thread

Out of 23? Could be. A3 is new enough, and solid enough, that I doubt a $200 SS amp is something they’re working on seriously. IMO they need a refresh on the Modi 3 and Jotenheim. The market for $100 dacs is busy but also thriving, apparently, and a refreshed Modi would put them back in the running there. A new Jot, especially if they can price it around $350-400, if it improves like the Asgard did from rev 2 to rev 3, could really reshape the mid-tier amp market, IMO. There’s still 21 other ideas…

Clearly though Schiit needs to develop a line of bathroom-friendly hifi gear. Is there a Norse god of the latrines to name it after?

1 Like

AKM DACs, like Schitt, are in trouble. This will be HUGE.

3 Likes

No I’m just mad at brand like hifiman and focal and sometimes Sennheiser get away with shipping garbage cables. At least the cables on my 990 feel quality enough that I’m not really concerned of them breaking

That ain’t good, I wonder if we will now see an influx of new dacs switching to ess? Either way that will cause issues for sure

1 Like

I think what would be an instant buy from me is a Successor to the asgard in their lineup. A more expensive direct upgrade so to speak. As the Jot is a balanced amp and it sounds different… so not something I particularly see as a true step up, least in my opinion. A strong single ended step up from the asgard 3 would be nice to see… just in my opinion.

oh most definitely, I should say the same for the amps too. Updating and bringing back the Magni Modi stack would be a great idea.

I don’t have particularly too much experience with the Jot but i wasn’t the biggest fan of it, that’s for sure then again, a good revision may make me think otherwise of course especially at that price point you mention.

Google is your friend and damn sure not adding that to my search history lmao

for the record man, I was joking. I still get it but I wanted to make light of it. However, I am in complete agreement with you there. Still, you gotta admit long as they get the build and cable down right… a nice case is a welcome addition. Hell, I like my leather bag that came with my 990s

1 Like

I knew you were gone is something I gotta work on

1 Like

There is also Texas Instruments.

1 Like

mmmm good point

Also Cirrus and analog devices

3 Likes

Oof. “but there may be price increases and shortages in specific industries.” - like HiFi :cry:

4 Likes

so, that just happened

2 Likes

we have an official thread on this already :wink:

eh m0n posted 7 hours ago, no harm done lol.

1 Like

Ohh… Why must you hurt me… I just got paid too… And I have the budget room… FUCK!!!

2 Likes

Soekris, finally! http://soekris.dk/dac2541.html

9 Likes

Looks nice.

SPL Phonitor One

Specs:

• Class AB
  • Input Impedance: 20kΩ/47kΩ (balanced/unbalaned)
  • Output Impedance: 20Ω
  • Power: 400mW 47Ω, 330mW 250Ω, 190mW 600Ω
  • 210x50x220mm (8.3x2x8.6 inch)
  • Crossfade-Knob
  • 390€
  • 12V @ 1.5A from external switchmode PSU

Looks like the SPL One Series is new.

For 100€ on top of the Phonitor One, you could get the Control One. Like the Phonitor One, except with a monitor control section.

1 Like

Finally available for purchase. Graphene coated dynamic driver, semi-open design, $300 US.

Edit: Dual 2.5mm 2 meter cable cloth covered cable, and baby butt case.

5 Likes

This release looks to be a nice alternative with 64 Audio with similar technology. They are gearing for the always having it around with you, rather than at-home only pair.

2 Likes

For those that don’t know, Tin T1 Plus is coming. @hawaiibadboy talks a little about it in his more recent video and someone tried to sell it earlier.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001431359998.html

This Control One has a pre-out with a subwoofer out. I wonder if it cuts the lower frequencies to the speakers like a good Sub out should do. If so, this is a hell of a feature.

1 Like