Rumors and new releases thread

hmmm, seems like there are some solutions to that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/lewof0/how_to_get_paid_apps_without_play_store/

1 Like

Thanks will have a look and try ! :slight_smile:

Just posting this.

Pretty much confirmed it is LG-tier with the dac/amp. Can handle 180ohm earbud without isues, will probably try my 500ohm earbud sooner or later.

11 Likes

Dude, what‼️ is that an E-ink display?! If it isn’t, it certainly looks like one. That’s a great idea for a music player, multi-day battery life, baby!

1 Like

Yep, E-ink display, its an E-reader mainly but has a great dac/amp as well (and top tier “smartphone” level quad speakers).

It is the Hisense Touch. 180 usd. Just got it today so will spend more time (reading) and will comment more sooner or later.

5 Likes

Woah, what the hell. What a strange device… does it have a normal 3.5mm out?

Edit; never mind / I just read that it does, along with a 3500mh battery to boot. Wow, that is pretty sick. I imagine this thing could last in terms of battery for a full week if music is all you’re doing on it. That’s pretty cool

4 Likes

Super interesting - how does it perform with apps & streaming? I couldn’t see a processor listed in the specs and I don’t suppose this uses a Google store for app downloads

Still using my V20. Wish I could buy it again just with modern specs. But SD Card slot and replaceable battery seems like a dream nowadays

4 Likes

I believe it uses something like SnapDragon 460

Thanks so much for that

Interesting - seems they moved from the Snapdragon 460 to a Usonic T610 then back to a Snapdragon 662 on the Pro Reader

Strange decisions and not enough of a difference to really warrant the price upgrade from the 460. Will be interesting to see how it handles apps as imagine with that chip in particular it is configured for battery performance.

An SD card slot would be huge for me - I take so many photos and videos, and having that slot would be a game changer. Apple would never revert and go back, but sometimes, just sometimes, I have hope they’ll actually make a ‘Pro’ phone with features like that.

2 Likes

With the new iPhone going to usb-c, at least you should be able to work around with a like 10-in-1 adapter that has a SD card slot, theoretically?

Or just invest in a 256/512gb version and eat the cost?

3 Likes

Right - have 47 adapters hanging off your phone only to see a popup message saying that the phone cannot
Output enough power for the accessories :joy:

Up until now the 128 Gb has always been enough but now I’m just thinking of biting the bullet and going 512 Gb on my next phone and trying to stick with that one for a while.

2 Likes

I’m still on my 12 and probably won’t upgrade again until next year. Invest in the high end phone/camera/storage and then ride it out until the battery health is like 70% or something lol

2 Likes

Probably the move, honestly. I’m rocking the 13 Pro Max, fully expecting to hold onto this thing for years to come - but my storage is running low with no slowing down in sight with pictures and videos. Damn you, Apple

128gb is lacking though. I have 256gb, and I wouldn’t get less than that honestly

2 Likes

Ironcially it might have better raw CPU performance than my actual DAP (Ibasso DX160), problem is that the refresh rates of e-ink displays are VERY VERY VERY low so they will LOOK slow no matter what CPU they use. I dont stream though so cant really tell much there.

it has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 octa-core CPU afaik.

0% battery drain standby overnight (10 hour). Looking damn good so far.
Will probably take me some weeks before I comment more on battery lol.

Here is my little comparison table I made for my research before I went with the Touch.

(conflicting info on if the HI reader pro has an SD card or not though…)

2 Likes

This guy says no

2 Likes

That site isnt really the most trustworthy from what I know of the E-reader community.

So while you don’t use it as a streaming DAP, can it do that, on wifi, at least?