Rumors and new releases thread

Yes, you can stream using wifi.

And streaming is more viable on it as a dap since it only has 128gb (and system takes like 20gb) and no Sd card.

1 Like

wow okay so an E-ink display with android 11 and you can stream? I might have to pick this up…

2 Likes

Have you tried microSD cards larger than 128gb?

There is no sd card or sim card slot at all on the Touch.

Hi reader pro does have 2 slots that are meant for sim cards apparently. Problem though is that they dont seem to support many of the western bands so might be useless for most people.
(but does not have the LG tier dac/amp that the touch has)

Above mid-tier daps in performance, seems to be what you usually find in kilobuck daps. :joy:

2 Likes

is that strictly processing power? I assume the audio would be at least comparable to my Hiby R5II. My biggest concern is power as I have to crank the Hiby to about 60% balanced for my Glamdrings. This only have 3.5 so I would worry about pushing the amp too much.

EDIT: Also is the headphone jack on the bottom or top?

Yes this is a CPU benchmark score.

(Fiio M17 uses the Snapdragon 660 and it is only a bit better and costs 1900 usd.)

So streaming is not a concern.

The amp should have 2vrms@600ohm
(this datasheet is for the Q version though but I assume it should be similar enough.)

Which objectively speaking is plenty enough for anything out there.

Top.

4 Likes

this is getting more interesting by the minute…

3 Likes

I have a question for you Android users - I’ve spent a lot of effort in building my Apple Music playlists and algorithms over the last 2 years I’d say and even though I also have a Tidal subscription for my PC at home, I’ve always found that Tidal mobile has horrible servers and lags and freezes constantly. So I ask this - Can you use Apple Music on an Android device and if so, how is the experience? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, Gents

Do you have any streaming service account to just try it out? If Spotify works that seem like really cool piece of equipment for the money

seems to be pretty mixed reviews on the google play store, overall 3.8/5

Downloaded spotify via Aurora store (google play not native, but u can get the same apps via aurora) and it works. Dunno if you can log in using gmail but spotify account works.

4 Likes

You are making Hisense a lot of money right now, Riku

4 Likes

They are getting the money that DAP companies would have gotten if they didnt screw people over that much (lack of E-ink displays to boost battery life and shitty AF CPUs their price points).

4 Likes

You’re truly a man of the people. Salud :beers:

2 Likes

The Hisense Touch is THE sole device with both e-ink and “audiophile” grade dac/amp AND it is ONLY at 180 usd. A better question to ask would be WHY they werent talked about in the audio world before…

(and it is from 2021.)

4 Likes

I use Apple Music on Android phone. It works fine.

Edit: and Classical app is also available

1 Like

@Cameleon30 Interesting. How do you access Apple? Thks

I signed up for Apple Music online. Then I downloaded the app on my Android phone.

2 Likes

Well damn, the places I saw it at it was $320!