Rumors and new releases thread

Hi all, hifigo is about to have a big sale soon, I am going after D70Pro Octo to pair it with my beloved A70 Pro.

2 Likes

Creative Tws Hybrid with a MEMS driver + 10mm DD. 2 models, one with higher Codecs. $130 / $150

9 Likes

HYPEEEEEE

Looks like pre order starts tomorrow on the 10th. Official release date is not known yet.

2 Likes

Woah, that’s pretty big news!!! Here’s hoping the tuning makes the most of the interesting driver tech!

uhhh, their past records dont look good…

At the very least using the 10mm DD for the bass and the xmems for the mids/treble is likely what I would do as well. (or the DD as full range + xmems tweeter, sony style.)

3 Likes

Releases from Sony upcoming. These are the new planar tech from Audeze.

Very interesting. If they can do the Maxwell sound for 150 dollars… dude. That will break things.

3 Likes

iFi Diablo 2…

8 Likes

Pre-orders for the Aurvana Ace are now up for purchase.

_

Some needed improvements and welcome upgrades with the Diablo 2, but that design is atrocious imo ok I get it now w/ the various positions and cooling performance w/ increased surface area. Also, was keeping the MQA support really necessary?

5 Likes

Finally they added BT to this series. And made it really portable. Hope the sound will be e njoyable. Sure being ifi they had to fuck it up somewhere so they picked this atrocious design, but if the sound quality is good I can learn not to look at the unit while using it.

1 Like

Now with bluetooth, good choice. Wonder why the HipDac 3 didn’t get it too. Unfortunately still no Xbass / xSpace. Design looks much cooler, Burson style.

Maybe some Creative app EQ can save the tuning if they botch it up.

That is not a design I would have expected from Thie, WOW! That faceplate is incredible. I’m not sure how I feel about the cream/white colored shell though. It should be a banger though, if Hype 2 is an example of what those boys can do, I hope they have a little fun with the tuning on this one.

2 Likes

That is a shame because Xbass and IEM match are two of their most well known and loved features :man_shrugging:

Agreed :+1:

IMO, The market for Hip-Dac is portable, entry-level desktop amp/dac. Like when I want to have a desktop setup at the library when I’m studying and don’t want to be carrying a stack in my book bag. H-D1 is also just currently my desktop amp, period. Go Pod and Blu are the entry-level, portable Bluetooth options. If it were there on H-D for quality of life, I wouldn’t say no but looking at the Diablo 2 design, what is the use case for Bluetooth on it? I don’t see a point at which I’d be plugged in to Diablo and would want to be moving around with it, to need Bluetooth

Oh, look what has poped up. Like I expected it has this stupid desktop mode again for the full power of 1600mW. Don’t find the max power in battery mode yet. Wanted something like a Ifi gryphon / Xduoo XD-05 Pro with EQ App… Price with $400 looks fair though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006220930258.html

Portable Desktop-Grade Machine! DAC and Headphone Amplifier FIIO Q15 Is Officially Released!

After 4 years, the upgraded model of the Q5S, the Q15, is finally coming out. The Q15 brings together FIIO’s cutting-edge technologies and platforms in an easy-to-hold body, delivering a more comprehensive performance than any other product in its class, and is dedicated to fulfilling the rich needs of your portable or desktop use in a single device.

Portable desktop-grade machine

FIIO first uses AG glass for the back panel of the Q15, which is anti-scratch and anti-fingerprint with a delicate touch. Coupling with the golden size ratio of 18:9 makes it comfortable to use both when being handheld and when bundled with other portable devices. Whether you are simply on the go or on a business trip, you can easily remain in control of your high-quality sound.

As a portable desktop-grade machine, the Q15 features a new desktop mode, sporting a separate Type-C power connector for it. When the Q15 is connected to the PD power adapter, the Q15 will be powered externally completely bypassing the battery, allowing for a desktop-like experience even on the go. When put in Desktop Mode, the Q15 under balanced output is capable of putting out 1600MW in enhanced over-ear headphone mode, which is more than enough to easily drive various IEMs and full-size headphones.

AKM flagship DAC combo

The Q15 is the only model among products of the same grade that features AKM’s newest DAC combination - the AK4191EQ+AK4499EX. When working in tandem with the newly developed “DWA Routing Technology”, audio performance is greatly improved. The result is a more detailed, yet natural and realistic sound that makes the listener think they have been transported to the concert site.

Same configurations as a flagship

The Q15 features triple hard cores - TI Cortex M4 processor, XMOS 16-core XU316 with dual audio crystal oscillators, and Qualcomm QCC5125 Bluetooth chip, combing USB DAC, Bluetooth and coaxial decoding in one. USB DAC supports 768kHz/32bit PCM, DSD512 and MQA full decoding; Bluetooth decoding supports hi-res Bluetooth codecs like LDAC and aptX Adaptive; coaxial decoding supports 92kHz/24bit and DSD64.

|100%x450

Moreover, the Q15 features a 1.3-inch full-color IPS display, allowing a clear glance at the working mode, sampling rate, volume level, battery level, gain, etc. Combined with the versatile knob, you can quickly and accurately realize a variety of functions, such as volume adjusting input switching, and menu settings.

Independent phone mode switch, standard RCA coaxial connector, global PEQ, 5-level audio circuit, impressive internal components… There are more surprises waiting for you.

*** The Q15 is available on our AliExpress Official Store. Any order will be included with a matched leatherette case and an LT-LT2 cable as gifts. Click the link below to take it home right away:**

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006220930258.html

Best regards,

Guangzhou FIIO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/879509.html

6 Likes

Holy crap… is there anyone in the industry that can compete against Fiio’s marketing?!

This thing looks like a BEAST.

2 Likes

As far as product design though I feel this is a battery pack for a Decepticon.

5 Likes

Personally, I love the robust industrial design! Looks badass :wink:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: Wait, is this worth getting this instead of a Topping desktop combo (DAC + seperated AMP)?

1 Like

Most likely it’s here - 620 mW

Taken off the specifications chart off AliExpress

3 Likes