Rumors and new releases thread

The one Penon sells is the limited version sold at 32 000 yen in Japan. Which is 220 usd. Penon taking an extra 70 usd over it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, I appreciate the heads up! :sunglasses:

I did too, until I drove across LA a few times. My brother in law is big wig at iHeart, so I probably learned more than I planned about radio. This is really only an issue in a few huge cities, and I didn’t have the problem when I was in Orlando.

LA and Orange country probably have over 100 FM stations, but they also have 10 and 4 million people respectively. That means that 1 in 23 people in the US live in those two counties. I used to drive the 60 miles from Santa Clarita to Anaheim, and learned about it the hard way. There is a single interstate interchange that handles 550,000 cars per day, at times the number of people is mind-blowing.

You are trying to solve for the wrong issue, FM stations try to be .4 apart on the spectrum to avoid transmitters bleeding into other channels ( digital tuners only resolve at 0.2 on odd values ) and the entire range is from 88 - 108. If you try to divide the 20MHz by 0.4 that is only clear space for about 50 stations. The LA local market has 75 FM stations, and is also adjacent to another county that broadcasts into LA. It makes finding an open frequency no matter what part of the city you are in impossible.

Here is a decent list LA FM station list, and it has 73, and all those transmitters are in LA county. There might more Spanish language channels operating in LA than most cities have in total.

4 Likes

Ok, now I understand. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the explanation. =)

1 Like

No need to apologize, you almost have to live in a mega city to even consider the issue.

No problem, my first time discovering it I was driving to Disneyland, and we kept having to change the frequency. I think I was parked, and walking to the security station, by the time I bothered to do the math.

If my car stereo had an aux input it would have solved the FM side of it, which most newer cars do, but the stereo in 04 WRX doesn’t. So I bought BT to FM that had an AUX, and ran the cheesy cassette adapter. I was a pretty low tech solution, but I just wanted navigation when I was driving around LA.

3 Likes

well hot damn!

8 Likes

haha i just came here to post the exact same link :smiley:

That thing looks like a winner to me!

PS: no eq… from hero to zero in a few moments, thats sad :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Everything has EQ if you mod your ears. Here are some starter ear-modding materials that drastically affect how we hear music:

IMG_2526

16 Likes

Chocolate sauce was by far my favourite!
You are a goofball and i love it :grin:

5 Likes

Note to mods: this post should be stickied :dizzy:

2 Likes

Some of that post is sticky already!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Interesting config. If it’s somehow a full sized planar.

6 Likes

who wants a mobile IEM DAC that’s le Tiny?

Jcally JA3 wants a word with you.

3 Likes

yeah, this one from PA is smaller than that. part of it is due to it requiring a OTG cable with male Type-C connectors either end. but overall, I think it would be shorter even with a male Type-C port. not by much…but still smaller.

Curious about the OI on it. The JA3 is only around 0.2ohm with 1Vrms output.

1 Like

Aegir 2, Valhalla 3, and Gungnir 2 coming in 2024. Along with some other things.

Gungnir 2 will be $1600+ though. Around the same price as the cheaper Yggy that they’ve been selling.

5 Likes

Shozy aqua (seems to be model name, but green one is called Midori?)

Not on Shozy’s site atm but on Ali:

$109.00 | Shozy Aqua / Midori In Ear Monitor Earphone HiFI Planar-DD Composite ACG 0.78 2pin Wired Earbuds Angelears Abyssal
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLqyrwM

1 Like

After many different revisions of the OG T2, TinHifi has finally released the actual mark 2.

2 Likes