Rumors and new releases thread

no it is a round 6mm version similar to those SPD from Kinera.

3 Likes

I don’t see this as a good value. I hope it’s good for the billions of moonie lovers.

90 usd for a DD and a planar (tweeter) with the addition of PEQ access. lots of potential if done right.

Graphs like the usual moondrop apparently.

(not really an issue with PEQ though.)

4 Likes

Damn someone has been cooking.

11 Likes

lol, before I saw the later posts I thought this was several different products slated to arrive in 6 months.

star-trek-picard

1 Like

Well damn the May is at 65 usd.

Also, I believe the DSP function in the May comes from it having their “Free” DSP cable sold at 30 usd, so you could view it as the iem itself being 35 usd.

7 Likes

Alright, that’s not bad. I have to admit, I was guessing it’d be around $100, but it being well below that is a welcome surprise.

1 Like

Am I just naive hoping that Moondrop fixes their app?

Releasing May looks like a good excuse.

1 Like

I had to laugh. My car is so old that is has a cassette deck and a 6 disc CD changer.

4 Likes

Extremely.

2 Likes

Not too old then!

Mine has a tape player that I think destroys tapes, I’ve been hesitant since the first one.
It does have a CD slot too, which has a “Best of Queen” CD always in there.

Putting a HiRes Audio sticker on the tape player has made all the difference to tighter bass and bigger soundstage.

6 Likes

My 2004 WRX turned 20 in September. Sadly my Jupiter money likely went to a power steering pump.

My changer has G3 - Live In Concert, Rush - Permanent Waves, and Led Zeppelin II. I can’t recall what the other three discs are.

When I lived in LA I had to run a BT to AUX, and then a 3.5mm to cassette because there aren’t enough open frequencies to just do BT to FM, and my stereo doesn’t have an AUX port.

6 Likes

I literally did a head unit swap in my old RSX Type-S because the stock Acura system only had a 6-disc and Tape Deck, and I got sick of the tape adapter freezing in the winter when it was consistently below 10F. Daddy needed his AUX jack…

4 Likes

I didn’t even think about the problem of needing open frequencies on FM transmitters LOL - I just assumed there was always a decent free band

1 Like

Wait, I’m a little confused by this. BT and FM doesn’t use the same frequency spectrum, not even close. BT is around 2.4GHz and FM frequencies are around 100MHz.

From my understanding, to do a FM to BT conversion you would need two separate radios, including antenna, and probably a simple MCU between them to make kind of a “handshake” / buffering. Shouldn’t be a problem on the hardware side, maybe a little in the firmware/software side but still very feasible.

Well…normally I would never share something sold by the scumbag company Penon…but this is the exception…(Danmachi collab!!!)

https://penonaudio.com/OpenAudio-OA112

Graph is absolutely horrible though…

5 Likes

10 Likes

Now you have me curious as some of their IEMs are on my wishlist. Can you share some of why they get that rating with me? First I heard of this and maybe because I am still new to reading about the company’s products in reviews.

They have done lots of shady shit, like censoring reviews and having some very obvious shills for them.

6 Likes

Waifus, waifus everywhere

1 Like