Rumors and new releases thread

@heartless

This as @SenyorC has said is exactly the issue. There are some USB-C hubs that allow you to do this but it would sort of invalidate what you are trying to achieve.

I have the DDhifi USB-C adapter that has 2 female USB-C ports one for charging and one for data. I can try it with a few Bluetooth receivers I have but I am pretty sure they are not going to work - Will report back if I find one that does. :+1:

AP20 looks like a nice dongle option by the way :+1: - how is it’s battery life?

1 Like

It really is, if you don’t mind its size.

The battery life is good.
Enough so that I don’t need to remember to charge it. I’d say that somewhere around 7 hours.

1 Like

Yeah I totally blanked on the battery need and missed that it was a transmitter. Lane

A bluetooth adapter that turns your portable dac/amp into a bluetooth one? That sounds like a pretty good idea…havent seen that before and it would expand your options quite a bit.

3 Likes

Ho ho - we could be on to something here

2 Likes

hmmm would something that work for linux work here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxhardware/comments/t7hzdb/which_usb_bluetooth_dongle_would_you_recommend_me/

“I bought that exact one to use with my laptop and it works well in both Linux and Windows. Better in Linux, in fact. You just connect and go. In Windows I have to pair my headphones, turn them off, then turn them back on and let it connect to get them to function. Nothing like that in Linux”

Or this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030710445.html

Or this??

specifically say it works…
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005639538551.html

well someone used the bluetooth adapter to the Xduoo dac/amp (I forgot which one) to make the Mojo 2 bluetooth since they didn’t want to pay for the Poly. This at least makes it seem like doable to an extent

1 Like

Battery is the issue - I can get a Bluetooth module with a programmable SOC so I could get the data side to function but usually you use those for like low energy consumption embedded smart electronics. I’d need to work out a minimum energy requirement but in theory it could be done at not to costly an end user price.

That does indeed sound like a good idea that I have actually never seen people mention.

1 Like

You mean that the bt adapter would drain too much of the portable amp/dac´s battery?

I meant strapping a battery to a Bluetooth reveiver module with a programmable SOC so you can change the power draw and data transfer - so you can ensure broad compatibility and use any dongle as not many come with batteries.

2 Likes

This reminds me of my ghetto set up back in 2008. I had a basic phone with a USB A BT adapter and a USB A to mini USB adapter. All that to connect to some janky BT on ear headphones.

Later on though, I would crank the volume on these and use them as “speakers” around my neck when I was riding my bike.

2 Likes

Interesting announcement from everyone’s favorite company from their recent releases :smirk: Moondrop;

Apparently not a full sized planar but rather one of those square planars.

Still, could be interesting if done correctly. Unfortunately, I have little to no faith in Moondrop as of right now.

6 Likes

Everything successful, except the app will be shit or/and faceplates will fall off. :rofl:

7 Likes

LOL if the tuning is half decent by some miracle, something else will fail and that app is guaranteed to be shite :joy:

3 Likes

Just saw this on Reddit

1 Like

100% Truth

91 usd msrp. Probably a bit higher for international release.

10mm DD + 6mm Planar

(app is indeed identical to their DSP cable app.)

Full range DD and the Planar as a tweeter above 8k.

6 Likes

The shell reminds me of Variations. Let’s see if there’s a real planar in it and how it sounds.