Rumors and new releases thread

Sweet - thanks so much! I was :eyes: on an A6 on US Audio Mart this morning, haha, and I’ve also looked into the Shozys, but the Intime is news to me… Research time!

Intime Sora light 2019, that is likely my favorite set sub 200 usd (without mods nor peq). A shame the QC is what it is…

Sample 1 I bought has crappy qc, they sent me a new one after I showed them that graph but the S2 also has some bad matching.

2 Likes

Coming on the 12th December

5 Likes

whoops! I thought I posted this in the funnies threat. my bad and apologies! mods, feel free to move it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting - I assume S2 is ultimately more to your liking?

Of course and that is the intended tuning. The first sample is just wrong and defective.

1 Like

Just spot-checking my still developing graph reading - def seemed likely to me - thanks!

1 Like

Happy accident - def enjoyed it!

1 Like

So MEMS as tweeter?

Yes. From the pictures on the xmems site I think it is the COWELL model.

And they have it as a tweeter in that example picture.

5 Likes

You mentioned MEMS. Director’s Garage is impressed by the visceral bass on the Noble while the Mids/highs are spicy. I suspect they use the Cowell DD MEMS hybrid.

1 Like
6 Likes

BT 5.3 dongle for your USB&C device. a lil early as I haven’t heard of any 5.3 cans yet …or do some exist?

1 Like

Not sure about all this retro cassette malarky?..

6 Likes

I was using cassette players into around 2010…

Can’t remember the portable model and I swear I just spent 20 minutes trying to find its likeness even on UK eBay in case it’s regional , thought it was a Panasonic…

And for out loud I had a brown fisher price one, just hated going through batteries:

The cassettes I listened to on loop:

The Smiths : Hatful of Hollow
The Everly Brothers : Some best of
Billie Holliday : Some best of
Smashing Pumpkins : Siamese Dream
DIY Beatles compilation
The Beatles : Help
DIY Muse compilation (nothing post Absolution)
DIY Rammstein compilation
Jimmy Hendrix : Some best of
Meatloaf : Bat out of hell
Blur : Think tank
DIY Led Zep compilation
DIY NIN compilation (basically Downward Spiral)
Radiohead : The bends

Oh! And Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds : Kicking Against the Pricks. Amazing cover album, Muddy Water always got me.

Others too but the above the most.

I appreciated being forced to listen to a whole album in order, and something like the Smiths or Led Zep just sound worse on higher fidelity formats.

I expect this has something to do with my preferences.

7 Likes

This would be interesting to plug into something like the. RU6 to make it a BT dongle

1 Like

If your not into Kickstarter I believe these have already released a 5.4 USB-C dongle that uses LE for audio and is a little cheaper when comparing retail (not Kickstarter) prices.

The nice thing about the Savitech one is the use of LHDC which they developed and is a super high performing codec. Unfortunately very few products support that codec (I am not sure it is a ‘yet’ issue as in the codec wars the money doesn’t side with this developer and apple have shut down Savitech’s ideas for a dedicated app - some of this is down to to the poor security track record Savitech have which is an area of Apple and Google focus) and my understanding is Samsung (android (AOSP)) and iOS have no plans to take it up - so currently you need a CAF/CLO ROM base - so either have a Xiaomi phone (there are some other Chinese phones that come with this as standard) or download a new ROM like Paranoid Android.

Here is a list if the currently supported headsets & receivers

Here is a list if the currently supported TWS

This is a transmitter - you would need a receiver (lots of cheap versions of these on Ali) but unfortunately most won’t work straight into a dongle.

A dongle like RU6 also requires power from the device so you would need a dongle that runs on battery also.

1 Like

Maybe RU6 doesn’t, but my JCALLY AP20 does… What’s more, it features a seperate USB C port for charging, so having some BT receiver plugged into DATA IN port almost permanently seems like a solid idea.

Does anyone know of any USB C Bluetooth receivers that would fit the bill?

1 Like

The issue is finding a Bluetooth receiver that can pass the BT signal to USB without the need of an operating system.

3 Likes