Rumors and new releases thread

To me the bigger problem is sweating and hot spots. If the leather is really thin and soft, I imagine it wouldn’t be uncomfortable.

However, if you are talking about the Fostex T50v0, then yeah, I’m 100% with you on that.

It’s interesting. I wonder whether over-ear ear-pads will be added in the next batch. Perhaps the over-ear ear-pads can be extremely thin (like on the Kaldas Research RR1). Then there are other questions such as: what type of cable do these use? What are the connectors (amp-end and headphone-end)? Is the cable removable? How are the ear-pads attached? If they use standard mechanisms, then we could potentially see mods and self made pads for these.

A lot of questions and speculations, but exciting none the less!

1 Like

erm…your comment makes it sound like Drop and Audeze are having another moment, but the image shows this is not the matter, but rather Shanling making a gripe about something Drop is doing. there’s no real drama unless Drop responds. :wink:

Oh that’s not what I meant. Didn’t Audeze claim Drop sold their products without permission? I’m just saying Shanling is saying the same thing so the same thing has happened twice now

5 Likes

Now this seems very interesting. I was thinking about trying class A later this year, this looks like a good option for a living room setup. I like the idea of temperature read, that can be very handy when you live where 18°C is a cold day.

For sure. It’s pretty compact also. There’s internal pics, I’d love to see what some of the engineer/topology wonks here think.

Just bring some reasonably efficient speakers along.

Yeah, I’m eyeing some Klipsch speakers. One retailer here sells the RP5000F and 6000F towers for the same price than the RP500M. And all seems just a little above direct conversion so it’s a nice price overall.

Been said a few times on here regarding Drop…just saying like.

2 Likes

Just saw that there’s some more new fiio stuff that has been unveiled:

4 Likes

News not involving IEMs? :100:

2 Likes

oooh…I wanna know more about the K9 Pro. that’s a big / hefty looking amp!

BOYS!

5 Likes

I am calling it:
Sennheiser is copying the one and only Jeklin Float. A lawsuit should be pursued ASAP :wink:

1 Like

Guys… don’t forget what day it is :wink:

3 Likes

I wish I did

We are not forgetting Rick. The day has come, Sennheiser is letting go of its consumer line and will let the users do all the work and build the products that suit them.

Hehe.

1 Like

Tô “complete the stack”, SMSL released the DA-9. A little more power than the DA-8S, in the same black finish of the SU-9 and the same screen. But what I’m really curious is if the sub-out works properly, i.e. cutoffs the lower frequencies to the speakers. If it does, then the extra $70 over the DA-8S may be worth it.

Fiio K9… woof? :dog:

Don’t you just love that big THX/Hi-res audio badge on the top though? :smirk:

I have trouble purchasing anything that uses renders instead of actual photos of the product. Or maybe these are real photos that are so over processed they look fake to me. Either way…

Haha yeah, single dd is becoming rare these days.