Rumors and new releases thread

Shanling has released it’s latest TWS, the MTW300. It comes as an upgrade over their successful MTW100.
Features:

1. Bluetooth 5.2
  2. AptX and AAC
  3. Touch controls
1 Like

Cayin is releasing a Single DD IEM, the Fantasy. The price will be announced on mid April.

2 Likes

Sennheiser hd250bt

https://en-ie.sennheiser.com/hd-250-bt-overear-wireless-headphone

The legend is finally Bluetooth

dislike how they call it an over ear. you can tell it’s actually on ear, just like the HD440BT, which they also call an over ear. <_<

It’s an over-baby-ears. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Seeing schiit have amps in development… perhaps they will create a solid state amp thats in the same price bracket of the bifrost 2 :thinking: Noticing thats something missing in their product line…

1 Like

hmmm…interesting thought. they do have a hole there, don’t they.

1 Like

I was just thinking the other day that there’s a similar gap between the Modius and Bifrost 2 for their DACs. There’s no equivalent of a Jotunheim-priced DAC.

Am I the only one who’s missed this, or has this not been brought up?

That has been out for a few months I’d say.

I wonder if they have any plans to develop a portable DAC / Amp. That would be fun to see.

I agree, that would be interesting. Especially something with small form factor and maybe with bluetooth, to listen to music from phones conveniently.

I don’t know how feasible it would be for them to engineer, but I’d be interested to see a class AB desktop speaker amp with form factor like that of Asgard. There’s definitely not too many of those. The closest one I can think of is Emotiva A-100 or PS Audio Sprout 100 (and even those may not fit on a smaller desk). I don’t know what became of it, but Topping’s designer posted on ASR that he was working on several speaker amps, including a class AB one for desktop use. There is a market for this, I think, and I’d be interested to see what Schiit could do.

It’s not audio. But it’s perhaps even more important than that.

13 Likes

I’ve never spent $700 on a toy before. Never even considered spending that kind of money on a toy. I am now giving serious, legitimate consideration to doing so. But I have two questions. First, Where was that when I was a kid?!? And second, are they going to make one of Grimlock?

2 Likes

that’s pretty fucking sick

1 Like

New Emotiva speaker power amps.

A2 is 2-channel (BasX A2 Stereo Amplifier – Emotiva Audio Corporation)
A3 is 3-channel (BasX A3 Three-Channel Power Amplifier – Emotiva Audio Corporation)
A4 is 4-channel (BasX A4 Four-Channel Power Amplifier – Emotiva Audio Corporation)
A5 is 5-channel (BasX A5 Five-Channel Power Amplifier – Emotiva Audio Corporation)
A7 is 7 channel (BasX A7 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier – Emotiva Audio Corporation)

3 Likes

Whoa…WHOA!!
I’d never join a pre-order for an audio item 6 months away but for a transformer?

Yes…yes I would

Sorry to post again but watch from this preset point…

4 Likes

Not directly related to HiFi, but Mackie released a new mixer series in January I found out today:

1 Like

Anybody know anything about these? Looks like a Verite Closed and Slellia have some new competition for TOTL closed.

5 Likes

new koss?

5 Likes