Rumors and new releases thread

I’m not sure what to think about it, it seems like a iBasso rip-off. Or am I wrong?

Ifi just released a Zen DAC V2. Looks like the improvements are in the xmos chip being 16 cores instead of 8 cores, enabling it to be an MQA decoder (before it was a renderer).

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I almost pulled the trigger on the V1 for my “back to the office” gear today.

1 Like

Thanks goodness, MQA seems poised to really have its moment right now.

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that Schiit has pulled the Mjolnir from their website. Maybes its temp maybe its to prep the upgrade who knows but I figured I throw it out there. Just FYI.

1 Like

Interesting…Probably the next big thing coming soon as I highly doubt they are dropping it completely
Curious what it will end up as.

This is from Jason, co owner of schiit, on headfi:

Also they will be coming out with a new tube amp(10 tubes) Folkvangst

8 Likes

Unfortunate yet exciting all at the same time?

2 Likes

is… is that normal?

1 Like

FWIW B&H now has a listing for the new version at +$30 from the original.

4 Likes

The latest dual Hybrid flagship iems from Tri Audio

3 Likes

Spotify Family plan is going up by a buck to 15.99$. Is it worth changing to Amazon Music HD for 19.99$?

I just don’t get my aesthetic disapproval sometimes. I mean, iBasso’s “In Tune” script on their IEM shells just bugs the ever-living hell out of me for some reason. I’ve commented on this at the other forum’s IT07 thread. The stupidest things bug me about gear sometimes, hahahaha.

i agree it looks stupid, they should have just copied the it03 looks and be done with it.

https://geshelli.com/j2

Jnog 2 going up at 6pm est

$250 without usb, £300 with usb

3 Likes

OUCH! that’s a significant price increase over their previous DAC. >.<

Ah, but they will probably sell. There is a sucker born every minute.

We feel that measurements are useful for debugging hardware, figuring out your sound signature, and overall understanding where your distortion levels are at on the product. We find that it is an important tool to use during development and production testing, but my no means is the great decider for what is good or bad. Audio is an Art Form - You should be the judge for what works for you.

I like that quote (bottom part of the page for the J2 dac).

5 Likes

Tin T2 Evo is announced. Boy, they really love the T2 brand huh?

4 Likes