Rumors and new releases thread

Tin needs to go out of T2. This is getting on Intel levels of ridiculous naming.

Also, Burson released a new product, que Timekeeper 3i. All in one DAC/headphone amp/ speaker amp. The price is a little steep for me, $2200, but if anyone is interested.

1 Like

This looks pretty good, actually. But yeah, ouch. No thanks.

As far as I can tell, tin has the T series (dynamics and BA drivers) and the P series (planars). Within these series, the number denotes the price. The higher the number the higher the price.

They have so many “T2” models not because they keep trying to improve or replace the original, but because they are making more ~$50 IEMs.

Pro and Plus does get confusing though. Evo is a bit better since it’s not so easily confused for the other versions. I kind of wish they would make a T3 Pro/Plus/Evo/Whatever. They seem to be neglecting that line since the original didn’t sell as well as the T2.

1 Like

Is there any Tin Hifi IEM with a BA driver? I believe all the T series are single DD, and like you said the P series is for planars. I imagine if they will launch a “B series” for BA only. :grin:

The T3 is a BA dynamic hybrid.

1 Like

Hart Audio Cables (@brux ) has their yoga blocks listed:

13 Likes

You’re right, sorry about that! Never noticed the T3 was a hybrid.

1 Like

Tin T5 has dropped

Price is showing $109 rather then the advertized $99, but that may just be until the fifth.

2 Likes

honestly i Don;t mind the T2 branding now that I understand that the t2 basically just signifies price bracket and not a particualr sound. I just kinda wish they would expand on it a bit more with the t1 and t3 lines .

2 Likes

as much as I love my t4 and was one of the early adapters and one of the ealiest to get my IEM imma have to sit this one out and wait to see how people like it compared to the current IEM scene now knowing “early bird price” doesn’t mean shit with tin. Im really curious to see how it stacks up with the fh3

1 Like

I honestly haven’t owned any Tin products since my original T2. The $100-150 area is feeling a bit overcrowded and confusing right now. Thinking about snagging a Aria and Freya(ironically, that’s what I decided to name my truck).
However, one of my newer co-workers is about to graduate high school and is an orphan. Given that I don’t really use my laptop, audio purposes are being put on hold to refurb it: deep clean, repaste, new storage, clean Windows install, new battery (since it doesn’t seem to wanna hold a charge), and new ram (is currently single channel, and every once in a blue moon would blue screen claiming something to do with memory). Figured it would make a decent graduation present. Pass the buck forward, ya know?

6 Likes

If you are thinking about the Kinera Freya, I highly recommend that you stay away from that one. Really doesnt sound good.

1 Like

An interesting product for sure.

YES, thank god. Juggling Tidal for quality & Apple music for ease is hell.

2 Likes

It looks like Sonova is buying Sennheisers consumer business;

https://en-de.sennheiser.com/newsroom/sonova-acquires-sennheiser-consumer-business-vzxws7#

1 Like

Sennheiser got bought? Son-of-a… No wait… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Does this mean Sonova will have the rights to use the sennheiser name?

Not too sure, I presume they would keep selling existing products under the Sennheiser name and it would make sense to attach the name to any upcoming headphones until the sale is complete but I don’t know of any upcoming headphones. They haven’t released any new headphones recently, they made some updates but that’s about it.

There is more discussion on this thread: Sennheiser consumer division sold

Sennheiser IE 900 is announced. Looks like this is the one product that’s going to be released after the acquisition.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.15.30 PM

6 Likes