Rumors and new releases thread

IfI has some more new releases
ZEN DAC Signature V2

ZEN CAN Signature HFM(Hifiman)

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try that Signature edition. imo it’s really cool that there’s a viable business model in making a dac/amp for a specific headphone. I’d love to see an Elex amp or a LCD 2/2C amp. Almost like a ZMF Pendant but for regular ppl.

2 Likes

Warwick Acoustics have a new Estat coming out apparently…

https://warwickacoustics.com/bravura/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=BRAVURA+Facebook+Ad+Campaign&utm_campaign=Bravura+Lead+Gen+Facebook+Campaign_August+2021_RFT+1&utm_content=Teaser+Video+1&fbclid=IwAR3-0DyXH6rgEHhZcmDFRLfTeGdQZ2BGl4cFegOS9WkjpJ3tCDjyKqzxTJs

1 Like

FiiO released the BTR5 2021 with upgraded dac, XMOS chip, MQA support and some more features.

4 Likes

I hope someone starts testing the other planar brands to see how the ActivEQ affects their performance.

@sebastien_chiu_iFi a question about the two Signature DAC.

• how does XSpace differ from 3D+?

and to anyone else, how big a difference will 20mW make in headphone performance? the Zen DAC v2 has about 76mW @ 600 ohm while the two Signature amp have 96mW @ 600 ohm. that’s close to a 25% difference on papaer, which sounds huge…but what about in real world use? is 20mW significant to have a noticeable effect to the audio?

I hate it when companies use the same name for product refresh or revisions. I doubt they’re going to mark the new one’s with 2021 for someone to know what they’re holding. if they put v2 or something, it’s immediately obvious. if the small print puts the p/n down on the case, you can find out, but that takes time / effort when you may need an answer right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Schiit finally did it. The new DAC module for their modular amplifiers has usb-c!

7 Likes

well, a retailer in Australia put up a page for a new Chord product called the ‘Anni’.

no idea on specs or features and the listing was quickly pulled.

4 Likes

NiceHCK releases Top Guy as it’s DD flagship

Yamaha launches $500 headphones with ANC, 3D Audio and ‘Head Tracking’.

you don’t hear much about Yamaha in the headphone space anymore.

4 Likes

These look interesting. I wonder how durable they will be, though. So far the Lagoons have been taking a beating every day at work since I got them and they are holding up well. And they sound good enough to want to use them at home. Not sure these new Yamaha’s would fair as well on the job, but could well trump the lagoons at home.

1 Like

I feel bad for Yamaha. It feels like they have drifted away from what they used to be in the past. They are certainly a commercial manufacturer of audio equipment (excluding their professional line-up of instruments).

Panasonic, in partnership with Square Enix, launches a gamer focused surround sound neck speaker system.

it has 4 speakers that they say are designed to put the gamer in an audio bubble that’s better than speakers and saves you from pinching / heat / sweat issues of wearing headphones. at $175 USD, they’re not overly expensive, which makes me thinks they’re gonna be tinny

3 Likes

BGVP announces 4ba+1dd DH5.

2 Likes

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about sennheiser surrounder

Dude looks pretty stoked

10 Likes

looks like some weird cybernetic enhancement, LoL!

2 Likes

He is in another state of mind. He is in a trance.

Hell, he’s probably talking to aliens about the top-secret stuff on Earth…

Is that a prop for the new Dune movie? Maybe some harkonnen stuff

3 Likes

BAHAHAHA!!! You made me actually Snort!!! :rofl:

…perhaps a neck plug? pull it and their head falls off?

1 Like