Rumors and new releases thread

Or…

More companies = more products = more opportunities for new YouTube entrepreneurs to start a review channel, begin schilling all the new products and earn big time cash from views/affiliate links/patrons, then get free product from vendors and auction it off monthly to bank even more cash (or make a mortgage payment on a new house, etc.).

Your obviously missing the upside to this tremendous explosion in new ChiFi audio products :rofl::wink::grin:.

2 Likes

Ehh, the money ain’t that great unless you are stacking big views. It would probably be more profitable to do corporate work but that’s another story…

Moondrop announced KATO as an upgraded version to KXXS.

2 Likes

Think Moondrop have lost some of their Kudos lately :thinking:

2 Likes

Technics announced a bunch of stuff, including a very sexy matte black SL1200. Sadly $3500 is completely off budget so I’ll only drool on it a little.

5 Likes

found this on headfi fb group (not my post)

4 Likes

(found it on precogs discord server)

1 Like

that is quite the earthquake at the high end! :flushed:

OpAmp Rollers you might be interested in this :man_shrugging:

Sonic Scientific’s Oracle II is the brand new series in the discrete hybrid Op-Amp Oracle family, which has been specifically designed for most general audio applications. After reducing the relative bandwidth and speed, its maximum voltage range has been increased to +/ -20 V and constant current flow is also greatly reduced, thus improving its applicability and making it more capable in any audio circuits. These devices are drop-in replacements for many common, yet inferior audio op amps and are uniquely compensated for trouble-free swap out into virtually any audio circuits. Built to the highest standards, the Oracle II has the smallest footprint on the market. With circular machined triple metal gold plated pins, each of the individual electronics components are of the highest quality. Just like our first generation Oracles, Oracle II still has extremely sophisticated proprietary graphene heat dissipation and noise elimination filter matrix technologies. It has been designed to be in DIP compatible packages, DIP-8 for single and dual, and DIP-14 for quad. They are priced at USD$ 8, 10, and 16, respectively. Oracle II series also provide SOP-8 surface mounting version of chip packages for the audio manufacturers.

Specifications:
• Power supply range: +/- 2 V to +/- 20 V
• Full power bandwidth: ≥ 20MHz
• Maximum output current: ≥ 60mA
• Signal to noise ratio: ≥ 130dB A-Weighted
• Total harmonic distortion plus noise: ≥ 136 dB
• Slew rate: ≥ 35V/us
• Typical Offset voltage: ≤ 100 µV
• Quiescent current draw: ≤ 3.5 mA (each channel)
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 10 x 10 x 5 mm

7 Likes

$6500 retail, supposedly step up from 009s

6 Likes

I like the look of it. The price though, I’m not too sure.

We’ve seen a fair amount of flagships released in the past months (DCA, Audeze, Meze) and all of them featured jaw-dropping technology, package, and materials.

I don’t really see any of those with this $6500 SR-X9000. Not to mention this is an electrostatic headphone… which means you will shell out another ~$10k for an energizer (of course, there are many cheaper energizers, but I think someone buying a 6.5k headphone will likely spend 10k for an energizer).

My 2 cents. Looking forward to others sharing theirs :wink:

Is that new when I looked up the model it said 2019? Could find any articles about a new op amp from them.

I believe so got a feed from their FB page but you know FB :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Probably right… they just likely haven’t done a press release on it so I couldn’t find anything.

First E-Ink product Ive seen for audio…

3 Likes

I like the idea, always loved the look of those displays. Seems odd to me to create a dap and have no sd card option though, almost seems to be trying to just compete with an iPod touch or something

1 Like

Same here.

I wonder why E-Ink/E-Paper was not more common in HiFi since you can update the display and then shut down the display driver to reduce noise.

1 Like

has 4 nozzles like the A7, presume people would be interested in this too
@Resolution @Rikudou_Goku

2 Likes

I agree, no option to expand the storage capacity is quite the oversight…not to mention no balanced output.

I swear…companies make things that appear to be almost the perfect item, but then have a few glaring flaws that are inexcusable…JUST TO PISS US OFF!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Meh. I see the LZ A7 as the perfect starter IEM when you really don’t know what kind of tuning you prefer. The LZ A7 is perfect because you can change it and it isn’t just a gimmick as tuning switches and nozzles are on most IEMs.

Might be interesting. Thanks!