Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

Bifrost 2…done and over…a real standard for less than $1K.

5 Likes

I am currently selling my RNHP. If interested, please FM me and we can work out a deal.

2 Likes

great reliable seller^^^

2 Likes

been a long time coming, but I finally got my hands on one.

13 Likes

For anyone looking to buy one:

5 Likes

Price Reduced: $375 - Shipped CONUS

I went to the rupert neve website and apparently they made a redesign to the headphone amp and it now costs $1195.does anyone know if they also updated the internals?

That’s the re-cased Fidelice. Slightly higher gain, but essentially the same amp.

2 Likes

I read the topic for a long time, but freshly registered to participate, so hi everyone :grinning:
highly instructive and entertaining to follow the community :wink:

I’ve got a (half) dilemna :

1. i had a RNHP for a year, i thought it was my end game ( and still think it is ) but the covid is here, i had to sell it to pay bills few months back …
  2. now i’m almost ready to buy a new one BUT … i live in France and the RNHP is only available in our country for the “little” price of 530 euros new ( 630 USD ) … and i can’t find it “used” … so i’m reluctant to pay this price, even if i consider it as my endgame … it’s too much.
  3. so 'im studying other possibilities … right now i can find the SPL consol2 for 400 euros ( it’s way too much for my needs in term of functionalities but the sound seems to be in the same range as the RNHP ) … or lake people ( G111 or another model, don’t know yet how their models graduate in performance : G105 seems interesting and G109 is also available for a fair price ) …
    I thought a THX model would be nice but after reading you folks and the unavailability of those models i will stay away from this tech …

so following your experience, the SPL or a Lake people would be nice ? … or will i have to sell a kidney to have my RNHP ?

thanks for your help !!

5 Likes

Do you mean 2control? I haven’t heard of the consol2

The g111 is pretty solid for a neutral and clean response, it’s def on the same level as the rnhp, but does offer a different sound that would be more suited for other headphones

So what headphone would you be using with it? I think that would be pretty helpful to know to see what would pair the best

1 Like

hi, thanks :slight_smile:

Yes, i meant SPL control2

headphones : DT1990 and AKG K712PRO …
DAC : SMSL SU-8 …

as the G111 is warmer, don’t know how it would interact with the AKG712, wich was excellent with the RNHP for my tastes with jazz and classic …

1 Like

Gotcha, personally I wouldn’t suggest that, it’s merely ok but not really a good pick that stacks up to other options mentioned imo

In that case, I do think the rnhp would be pretty ideal as it would really help out the 1990 in organicness in the midrange and treble, and offer lots of resolution while not being harsh. The g111 would be good though if you wanted something very neutral and clean without being peaky or boosted, it would also give more impact and stage width than the rnhp, but the rnhp would offer more depth. So if you don’t mind a bit more neutral sounding amp with a bit less naturalness but better impact and stage width, the g111 would be a great alternative

1 Like

thanks …
exactly what i was afraid of … the RNHP was perfect to me, don’t want to change … but this price in Europe :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
got to sell a kidney …
someone interested ? :wink:

thank you :wink:

Edit : i can find the Lake people HPA RS 02 for a good price on ebay ( = G111 ) so it may be a good option after all, i may give it a try … i can find the Violectric V200 used for the same price as the RNHP new, could be a good option too …

1 Like

I have the Violectric V200 and I can say in all honesty that it is the best SS Amp that I currently own. Definitely a very capable and enjoyable amplifier.

4 Likes

If you are looking for one, perhaps put an ad out on headfi or other used markets looking to buy one, also perhaps post here on the buy sell thread and let people know you are after one

If you can imo the v200 is pretty excellent and I would actually suggest going for that, imo higher tier than the g111 and rnhp in some respects. Also it’s going to be a bit warmer smoother signature as well which should be nice with the headphones you have

It is really nice for sure

1 Like

Thanks …

i’ve already looked for a used RNHP but even with a good price, with the taxes and the shippment cost to europe, it’s not really interesting compared to the used market in Europe for something equivalent in other brands, new and/or used …

i’ll take a shot with lake people … sure it won’t be a bad experience, just different at least …

Thanks for the advice guys :wink:

3 Likes

I got a RNHP in Headfi used two months ago for 320 euros sent to Spain from central Europe. It can be done…

5 Likes

Hi Davidibiza :wink:
Too nice … send you an MP
thank you so much !

Edit : not for sell, my mistake :wink:

Haha. No problem. But try in Headfi or hifishark.com.

yes … done for hifishark, reverb …
Head fi have to wait, i haven’t enough posts to access the trade topic …
kind of silent guy :wink:

thank you !

1 Like