Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

1 Like

It’s just a rebrand aimed at audiophiles with money to spend. One of the complaints of the RNHP is the look of it… I think it looks nice as is… but with the Fedalice version you just get a nicer looking box. They said they don’t plan to stop selling the “pro” version through the prosumer retailers.

4 Likes

This picture shows some of the changes mentioned above

1 Like

Yeah, they upgraded to better Nichinon caps.

3 Likes

any parts difference probably doesnt really make much audible different… honestly. I doubt Rupert Neve made any compromises on the original design. Guy takes too much pride in his designs.

2 Likes

The Next level version is undoubtly the $5k Dac/Amp though… balanced output… and I’m sure Neve worked on the output stage of the DAC which makes a difference… I’m sure it sounds great.

1 Like

I totally agree. If any changes were made I’m sure it wasn’t for the worst. Ex gold plated vs the original silver plated RCA.

I just feel like I got even more of a deal knowing that people are willing to pay nearly 4 times what I did. #winning

1 Like

Oh, I’m in agreement.

The biggest difference is the case, and I’m told it was very expensive to use the newer chassis.

It has much more power.

Yeah, it’s a luxery version… and honestly… the ‘pro’ cheaper version is just a steal at the price. Nothing really competes with it in the price range.

1 Like

yeah, the Dac/Amp looks very nice… one day I will hear it… hopefully. lol

1 Like

I’m with ya’… :heart:

I just really wanted to reply to this just cause it seemed fun. fx audio dac x6 o for canned corned beef delicious cheap not for everybody not for every headphone but is great for the headphones that appreciate it like high impedance mid fi gear or in the corned beef case , pacific islanders. or for actual corned beef it would have to be something like a dark voice. you tried all the other steaks and just want something really different…so you look into tubes.

That thing is a frickin beast. Not wattage…the case is gigantic!

1 Like

Regarding the neve dac, I really don’t know if I would want one or not, I feel like I already have a better amp and dac than the neve could provide me with tbh

Yup. It sure is.

My guess is that it’s the best implementation of the AKM chipset.

If it really came down to it… and I had to spend 5k on a DAC… I’d probably lean towards the Terminator… though I have not even heard the Ares yet.

1 Like

I mean I would just either go r2r or studio dac, if neve made a higher tier balanced rnhp that would be really cool, since I already use an 8k dac with the rnhp and I don’t need another dac

3 Likes

I requested this already. I was told they’d take it into consideration. :man_shrugging:t4: