Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

Intersil logo:

As DG411 to DG413 indicate :wink:

probably too fuzzy:

uno mas:

1 Like

The first image is :100:

Second one reveals the positions I marked “01” and “02” are actually “Q1” and “Q2” indicating diods.

Thanks!

1 Like

don’t thank me, thank google, haha

1 Like

Okay, so…
Ehm…
I am not telling you how much I just spent on parts. Type that into digikey yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going to etch the board yourself ?

While I have done that in the past, it makes a mess and stains on the carpet.
Will ask at uni or order online.

1 Like

What dac are you using?

Lavry Quintessence

What would you suggest around the 750-1000 mark to pair with the RNHP?

It depends on the sound you are going for, if you wanted a good studio sound the adi 2 dac or Chord qutest is a good choice, or on the more fun side something like the bifrost 2 multibit, ares ii dac, holo audio cyan, etc

3 Likes

I just saw the third RNHP in a week go up on a used board in Canada. I guess not everyone loves them.

Yes, I did make a trade offer.:smile:

1 Like

I just want to say this sucks

1 Like

What happened?

Tried to listen to my THX 888 SMSL SP200

4 Likes

Is there an issue with the thx?

Yeah, I listened to the RNHP…

now the SP200 sounds

10 Likes

I’m listening to top songs from the 2010’s and decide to A/B while I’m listening.

Its really hard to go back now. You can pick out all the harness (sharpening ) the THX is adding.

I forgot Despacito was a thing, sounds great with all the detail on the RNHP, I guess I’ll give the SMSL to the old lady to replace her Magni 3

Wait… so Oluv was right? lol

5 Likes

Is there a solid state amp comparable to the rnhp that has a balanced out for headphones? Just curious because the sound of the rnhp seems amazing from all of your description but I feel that headphones also benefit from being balanced to an extent right?

I don’t really need the extra power necessarily. Maybe I’m just trying to justify my expenditure in 4 pin cables. My Aeolus coming in only has balanced cables lol.

1 Like