Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

im starting to have 2nd thoughts about my sp200. and this amp is 500$ maybe cheaper used

They hold their value pretty well when I last checked

I’ll be honest… I’m officially done with the THX amps at this point. I do think they are a good value proposition given their power output and all… but this has really opened things up for me.

3 Likes

Figuratively or literally lol

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
20 character mi…

I think literally… I think I’d like to pick up the MK2 Mini at some point for the power house option. And I’m going to sell off the 887 and return the SP200.

2 Likes

Well I wasn’t expecting that so quickly lol

1 Like

I wasn’t either… I was not expecting to be ‘sold’ so quickly. I thought it was going to be hooking up both the SP200 and RNHP to the D70 at the same time and spending time going back and forth… throwing a blanket over them to blind test myself… and finally deciding if the improvement was worth it…

That was not how it happened… it was immediate… obvious and apparent.

6 Likes

I’ve been posting about the RNHP since I received the first one. It blew me away with how good it sounded, and I don’t even have it connected to a proper dac (Bluesound Node 2i-TI chip) [yet].

I’m glad people are coming around. And I think Mon is onto something. The Neve Designs RNHP is less than half the cost of the rebranded Fidelice. They may not want to give people a lower cost option.

But, it is in their pro line so my hope is that they’ll keep it round.

Yeah… I can see them keeping it around and I hope they do.

1 Like

As of fairly recently, I’m getting away from any audio related equipment Chinese made. I feel good about buying U.S. made stuff especially, but also just anything that isn’t from China. This amp is intriguing to me for that reason alone. Right now I have a JDS labs EL amp and a Geshelli Archel 2.5 pro being fed with an rme adi 2. May have to pick up one of these just to continue my trend.

3 Likes

I like to purchase domestically made products in general. It was one of the reasons I chose the LCD-X. It was also nice that Audeze is a California company.

Quality is always a consideration and there are some Chinese companies that are excelling right now, such as Matrix Audio. Their SABRE-X PRO MQA dac is a product I’m strongly considering.

In regards to the RNHP, unless you have one of the few very hard to drive headphones, I doubt you’d be disappointed with its performance. It really is that good.

5 Likes

I mean, i have my doubts that I’d hear a difference between it and what I have already, but that being said I am still curious

1 Like

Definitely check it out… I literally came at it from the same perspective. But I think it’s good to keep reasoned expectations.

1 Like

I really want to pull the trigger but I’ve been thinking about trying out a tube hybrid. Only problem is I don’t know of any reasonably priced ones that aren’t Chinese.

Haven’t listened to it, but when I purchase a tube amp it’ll probably be this one.

3 Likes

Interesting for sure

@MONlol, have listened to an SPL Phonitor (X,XE)? Curious as to how it compares to the RNHP sonically. I know the SPL has more power.

The Phonitor is pretty dang nice imo (even though I am not a fan of the name lol). Both the X and the XE are very good sounding. I ended up going for the headamp over the x, but it’s still a great amp

Comparable to RNHP? Ie; same level.