Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

Pretty sure they know it’s not the best headphone amp for the price lol. They know that it’s dac focused and that people will mainly be using it for controlling powered monitors or using it with an external mixer or headphone amp

The iem portion is on point, though.

Yes that’s pretty good, I can see it for portable, that part makes sense

Zeos FINALLY pays respect to Rupert in the HD 300 video

2 Likes

Interesting, what did he say?

He was talking about the big Fidelice, but he did an exaggerated Italian finger kiss thing.

4 Likes

Zeos has the field lice, lol

2 Likes

I have friends who change them to match their skin tone. :+1:t2::+1:t4::+1:t6:

I keep the “Simpson’s yellow” for some reason though. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Does he, interesting, wonder how he will like that (or if he will think it compares with thx lol)

2 Likes

Oh, I change the skin tone as well.

It’s more of the shape of the faces that I was referring to.

:unamused::laughing::unamused:
(iOS user. They don’t look like these)

1 Like

Still can’t pronounce it tho. Or he’s trolling. He says NEV instead of Neeeeeeeeve.

1 Like

And hyped up the NDH20s. Never heard them but makes them sound like theyre the greatest hidden gem.

1 Like

Dey aight, bit warmer bass hump cans, resolving, kinda think of a closed 650 kinda

1 Like

That reminds me of when he used to pronounce Audeze as “awe deeeeez”, lol. Used to drive my OCD up the wall.

4 Likes

I remember that now that you mentioned it haha.

1 Like

Opinions…this, paired with SU-8, RME ADI-2 standalone, or Phonitor E? I want natural representation and enough power to drive anything up to Argon/HE5se level inefficiency

Haha! Yup. It’s easily discerned if you just read up on their back story. 2001: A Space Odyssey = Audeze.

I think he sticks with mispronunciations because he doesn’t like to be wrong. As though everyone will start pronouncing things incorrectly…

2 Likes

I have mine currently paired with the Geshelli Labs Enog2 Pro and it’s great. I would imagine that the options you listed all pair well.

As far as powering inefficient planars, it isn’t the optimal choice. I can drive my Argons to a moderately loud level with the volume knob around 3 o’clock, but they really are very power hungry. I’m actually looking into buying an Asgard 3 to power my inefficient and hard to drive headphones.

Phonitor. It’s has more power, and is generally considered as better.

2 Likes

I would say phonitor E if you want the he5se or argons imo. Also check out the cayin iha 6, something else to consider

1 Like