Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

I wanted him to try the DAC inside with the RNHP to see if it sounds the same as the all in one. Or… is the amp inside the DAC/amp a much better amp :thinking:

1 Like

If some @moderators could move all the Emoji-talk to another thread maybe?

It’s fiiineee, there are only a few posts (but let’s keep the emoji discussion minimal)

Can we get a Rupert Neve emoji??

Don’t think you can add custom emoji on discourse lol (also let’s not do that lol)

1 Like

Darko basically says the Rupert DAC outputs differences in sound he finds pleasing. He compliments the Rupert but even he is a bit skeptical at its $5K price. Overall he recommends the unit. at least that’s what i got out of the video. I think if they made this thing at $2k price point they would sell a ton of them…IMHO

2 Likes

They’re competing with the Chord Dave’s of this world, the $2000 DAC price point is pretty crowded.
I’m sure they did the market research to determine where best to position it.

At that price nev dac is competing with denafrips and chord hugo tt2 and a few others

2 Likes

I have to say, Higher End Denafrips+ an Amp or a RN DAC/amp?

I’m leaning towards the Denafrips + Amp.

Of course I’ve never heard either. Lolol.

1 Like

Chord Hugo TT2.
(I haven’t heard either)

Or,

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA w/ Phonitor XE.

1 Like

I would be doing this as well imo. Also instead of the denafrips I would be leaning towards something like the holo audio spring 2 kte or MHDT Pagoda Balanced. Amp wise it would depend on what sound you like

1 Like

Holy crap, yes.

1 Like

That’s my upgrade path. My next amp (Phonitor XE), then the Matrix after the Bifrost 2 (B2 move to computer to replace my NAD).

2 Likes

Yes I think I’d look at the Holo audio DAC’s in that price range.
Possibly the Chord offerings.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about the meitner ma1 v2

That’s also most likely over the price range but is a pretty good dac lol. I think the Metrum ONYX might be a better choice for the price

I can vouch for the chord hugo tt2. Exceptional headphone amp even if unbalanced and can be set to line or preamp mode

The headphone amp makes it sound better than the current dave imo From what little ive heard of their flagship. Though I have no doubt there will be a dave 2 in the near future

1 Like

Single ended can provide sufficient power for most headphones.

I hear the M-Scaler takes it up a few notches.

1 Like

Yeah I heard the mscaler with a regular old hugo 2, pretty crazy stuff.

As for the headphone amp. I think they say it can drive headphones up to a 1000 ohms

I’m personally looking for a separate r2r dac for a uhd player I’m planning to buy but my chord is my daily driver and I have no regrets despite the cost.

1 Like

Yeah. Though I really do like the style of the denafrips terminator.

1 Like