Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

I dont use the splitter to listen to music i use it to burnin headphones

I was going to say. I’m not even OCD and that made me cringe hardcore. :wink:

everybodies hating on my cool star splitter :cry:

3 Likes

I wasn’t hating, Ant.

It just doesn’t seem like the best solution for connecting your gear, that’s all.

4 Likes

Thats ok luke. i’ll just have to get a thicker skin lol

2 Likes

No worries, man. I’m just glad to clarify things. :+1:t4:

I mean, it is honestly a cool splitter.

I am a bit jealous as I only have this 3-way guy:

If you ever need to run 5 people of one headphone amp, use the BasX A-100 with the limiting resistor bypassed :wink:

2 Likes

I love that you have two sets of headphones burning in at the same time, while you’re using speakers. #Hifillife

2 Likes

Why is that?

I can’t speak for M0N, but I leave mine on 24/7 because you should to unplug the headphones prior to powering down and I don’t want to bother. And it doesn’t get warm at all so I don’t worry about it wearing out or wasting power.

2 Likes

Think of all the polar bears that are going to die because of all the carbon print you’re leaving behind.
Lol.

2 Likes

I leave (Left) my computer setup RNHP on without any issues.

I just don’t/didn’t leave headphones plugged in.

I’m always using mine so i dont power down. But theres alaways a risk that when you turn it off it wont come back on lol. Ive heard before that its better to leave stuff like this on. i forget where or why

2 Likes

I think as long as you have good surge protection you should be fine.

That would suck if the one time you decide to turn it off, it doesn’t power back on. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m concerned something starts a fire. I switch all my electronics off. Don’t want to come home to a burnt down house.

5 Likes

I totally get that lol

2 Likes

I leave mine on, just like my pc which runs nonstop year round. Don’t see the point in powering it down everytime I’m not using it.

1 Like

Well i guess another awesome sign for this amp is that there are pretty much zero for sale used. So it seems people buy them and keep them. Need to get my hands on one in the future.

4 Likes

There were some used ones but they seem to get snapped up somewhat quickly lol

2 Likes

ill snatch one eventually. Although i see prices used are too close to new for me to justify getting a used one. Id just go new. I have a feeling this being fed by the RME and feeding Elex has to be a lovely combo.