Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

It was John Darko’s review. Forgot initially. I think he said it could be because this was a pre-production modle. But still…

1 Like

And that’s a fantastic unit. Better power, imaging, and separation. A real synergistic unit, but the cost…

Legit, I’d buy one if money wasn’t an issue. $5k is a lot of scratch.

4 Likes

Ye, I think for that price you can get better imo. I think if it was 3500 or 4000 it would be more reasonable

2 Likes

I’m not actually sure if lice live in a fields, but it is easier to spell.

2 Likes

Well, I finally cracked…

8 Likes

Lets gooo lol, curious to see your thoughts

4 Likes

Had a good run, longest I’ve held off for anything in this hobby

5 Likes

Also. I’m gonna need a bigger desk haha. I have zero room as it is.

4 Likes

Accomodations have been made for the RNHP to sit right atop the RME with everything remaining connected :grin:

4 Likes

That is a battle station. Great setup!!

3 Likes

Whole bunch of stuff crammed on a tiny Home Depot folding table, which has now bled onto what used to be a night stand. Would loooove to get a proper desk at some point in the future.

1 Like

You’re going to need a bigger desk…

3 Likes

Needed one a long time ago. Just been getting more and more creative on how to fit everything. At least gotta upgrade to a 6 foot folding table from a 4 foot :joy:

2 Likes

…only slightly excited here. just scrolled through this entire thread, mostly looking to see if anyone had internal pictures of the RNHP. Was not disappointing there. Then started notice all the different creative ways all of you have been calming those input LEDs down a bit.

3 Likes

FWIW, I replaced my folding table work center with a Fully Jarvis standing desk, and did some surgery to the underside to outfit it for multiple computers, gaming consoles and HiFi gear:

The bracket just above the small power strip is a mount for a 16-port Netgear switch:
https://smile.amazon.com/Netgear-Gss116e-100nas-Prosafe-Mounting-NetgearGSS116E-100NAS/dp/B00V4OTO80/

At the bottom right (where the cable management hole lives) I mounted a carabiner for cable strain relief. The desk itself is on casters so I can move it if needed. I just need one ethernet cable and the power cord to connect and power everything on the desk. Everything else is self-contained, and I can crank the desk up to standing height to work on wiring like changing a tire at an auto shop. :sunglasses:

Here’s an older pic of the desk in action–running 4 Xboxes and 3 laptops (2 for work, plus my personal gaming laptop on the desk):

The above pic was prior to setting up audio. Currently I’m running my RME ADI-2 + THX 887 stack, but I did just get my RNHP back from Amir…

11 Likes

Nice, curious to hear your first thoughts :+1:

3 Likes

Looking forward to sharing them. I need to figure out where & how to hook up the RNHP (i.e., make a decision & grab the appropriate cables), then I’ll be doing some comparative listening with the THX amp. Been listening to a lot of chill tracks on Eikons + Clear Pros lately.

4 Likes

Sweet setup. :+1:t4:

I hear the Focal models are incredible on RNHP vs THX. Curious to hear your thoughts.

3 Likes

Does it sound like the “meh” panther?? :joy::joy:
RNHP Headphone Amplifier Audio Review__01

Thanks for being the one to send it to ASR, btw!!

11 Likes