Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

I need it…

2 Likes

Mine hasn’t shipped yet. I really hope the seller won’t f**k me. It was really a good price I got.

2 Likes

I found with the Rnhp vs THX you get more depth. A sense of real space and separation. With the thx it’s as if everything is in a horizontal line, still have separation but not much depth at all, with the Rnhp you have the musical instruments at different depths from left to right. More of a 3D effect. And of course it’s just more enjoyable, musical haha.

4 Likes

Almost bought a chord mojo yesterday because it was in a drop warehouse sale for a pretty steep discount, went back and forth in my head for a good hour, finally I was like “nope, stay on target, save for RNHP”

8 Likes

They usually have a Mojo listed here:

There’s currently one listed for $279.

1 Like

Damn that is crazy tempting. I don’t even need it but 250? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

1 Like

I refreshed the page and out of stock lol.

And there was an extra $25 off for stuff over $200. So it was $225. I didn’t need it at all but I almost just bought it, but if rather save for the RNHP

1 Like

I buy so many things I don’t need in this hobby lol. I kinda want those b stock night owls since I have the hawks. And I’m waiting for my aeon 2s to come in on Monday lol.

5 Likes

anyone know differences between the RNHP and the Fidelice headphone amp, if any? Seems like specs are identical at first glance.

1 Like

They sound really close with the field lice version being slightly better, but I will never recommend the field lice version of the rnhp if you care about value, just go rnhp. The other field lice stuff is good but the rnhp version is overpriced imo

3 Likes

Field lice you say?

1 Like

I can’t spell Fidelice off the top of my head lol, so field lice is something I can spell lol

5 Likes

It’s alright my brain still read it as fidelice somehow

It’s virtually the same.

Pretty much yeah, don’t see a point of buying it unless you are an absolute sucker for aesthetics

1 Like

Kinda figured it was just in a prettier case to appeal to the masses more.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s their newer more consumer hifi line, something that they can get into hifi dealers more easily. Most people won’t associate the Neve name with quality outside the pro realm, so they wanted something that was more approachable for the average joe with a fancy name. Also some don’t like the look, so making something that blends into a home more helps too

1 Like

I saw a review of field lice’s larger, dac/amp version and the “wood” was peeling up from one corner. Basically a veneer. Just slap a wood skin on the rnhp and call it a day lol

RIP, I knew it was a veneer but it’s unfortunate that it would peel so easily I guess

1 Like