Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

A wedge and a putter.

1 Like

2 - Open Box RNHP’s for $425

https://www.americanmusical.com/rupert-neve-designs-rnhp-precision-headphone-amplifier/p/MBP-RNDRNHP

8 Likes

You mean 1 left. The other has fallen into my shopping cart.

11 Likes

Funny how that happens…

3 Likes

There was sale, I made a lame justification not pick up a Lyr 3. So here I am… waiting on an order.

2 Likes

I saw it, but for that price I personally would rather the little extra and buy new

1 Like

I got one at Amazon Spain used like new for 284 euros two days ago… Now the wait begins…

4 Likes

Damn targeted ads are not making this any easier for me to hold off…

8 Likes

Standard shipping. I’m shocked.

9 Likes

Nicee, curious to hear what you think about it :+1:

1 Like

30 second comparison to the THX 887 difference is noticable. It’s obvious that the thx 887 is darker or creamier than the RNHP.

If anyone is curious, 10 o’clock on the RNHP is equal to 12 o’clock volume on a THX on gain 2/3.

Got my ndh20’s back so my normal equipment + hd 300, hph mt5, mdr-1am2, and k361 showed up as well for me to sample.

1 Like

Just wondering are you using it balanced to the b2? If you are running it off the b2 that is

Singled ended off the B2.

Gotcha, I would try balanced if you get the chance, might give you an extra bit of gain and quality

2 Likes

I’m waiting on the cables. I thought I had the right ones but nope… they were extensions. That’s on me. But quickly I can say, OMG everyone saying BF2 + RNHP were right with LCD X. I like these headphones SO MUCH MORE now. Anyway, I’ll start a thread with my findings and compare this to the THX 887 and Schiit Heresy. Followed by a repeat with the Airist R-2R.

2 Likes

FYI, it’s all your fault.

Nope. #BlameM0N

I don’t even have an RNHP anymore.

1 Like

As far as comparisons go, going from my new tube amp to my SMSL SP200 is like going from open backs to closed backs. HUGE difference with certain headphones.

2 Likes

In a nut shell… I can say the RNHP is definitely feeling more like a open back so to speak. REALLY neat. The treble off of this thing… so good. Accurate? I hear good things but I will say the likability factor is totally there.

4 Likes

Holy ball sack… the RNHP does something weird and SO pleasurable on the treble. The NDH 20’s can get some play that they can’t get on my THX. Ok… I’m a believer. It’s even making the Ether CX sound closer to what I was expecting with providing bass and treble. @M0N your recommendations are on point yet again.

For those worries about power and have a THX amp… yeah… not needed for my Blons at all. Ether CX also gets pushed well enough and can’t listen to it comfortably at 12 o’clock. Same power supply fits THX as the RNHP so if you ever A/B the THX amps and the RNHP it’s simple with limited wall space.

5 Likes