Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

Anyone heard when the Topping A90 is coming out? apparently it measures great at ASR. I wonder how it compares to the RNHP

1 Like

I think you’re on to something here. He has on several occasions called the SINAD chart a “sacred cow” and said that it should be taken with a grain of salt. He has also said the IMD is the most important measurement for a DAC not SINAD. All the while many take SINAD as the first and only way to evaluate a device.

Also, notice that with the new speaker measurements he hasn’t found a way to score and rank them? Rather he gives an overall recommendation.

1 Like

Trying to transition the forum? Who knows lol

1 Like

Or at least unwilling to create another “sacred cow.”

3 Likes

basically stuck in the house, reading about the RNHP, the usual…only a matter of time that i say “f**k it” and hit the order button

7 Likes

Hmm might as well speed up the process :wink:

5 Likes

yep, thats what ive been thinking the past few days, why delay the inevitable.

Also, on the RNHP product page at the bottom of the overview page they recommend the use to splitters if you want to feed the RNHP and something else at the same time. Makes me feel a little bit better about using splitters =]

Yeah splitters are very common in the pro scenes, but they can quickly become an issue if you go crazy with them lol, can be a routing and signal chain nightmare

2 Likes

yeah no nothing crazy here, just a single splitter on each xlr channel out of the RME currently. One to Geshelli 2.5, one to the Xduoo ta20. One would have to get bumped down to RCA if i got the RNHP.

EDIT: **when i get the RNHP

3 Likes

Do It!!,…

3 Likes

It’s coming, very soon

2 Likes

@j.fopps, if you currently have the means (Food and rent covered), then you may as well purchase now. Shipping has become delayed everywhere and there isn’t a definitive answer as to when things will get back to normal.

I actually recently purchased my second RNHP, and a pair of Focal Clears. I was going to wait till next month, but shipping delays spurred me to make my purchase immediately, just in case.

2 Likes

Not a bad point

A RNHP emergency!!!

6 Likes

No doubt!

Weeks (potentially longer) stuck at home with only ONE proper amp?! God forbid…

4 Likes

My version:

Weeks (potentially longer) stuck at home with only FOUR proper amps?! God forbid…

1 Like

tenor (2)

6 Likes

One of the best movies ever made.

2 Likes

My father comes over my house looks at my desk and goes, cant you achieve the same result with less stuff? I go, well, yes, but no.

6 Likes

And if he happens to be a golfer you could say that by the same logic he doesn’t need to lug a bag of clubs around. He really only needs one.

4 Likes