Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

Yes sir, the sound becomes a thicker, richer more full sound by comparison.

Best advice I’ve ever read on an audio forum post. :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

I mean, you can still enjoy music with a smartphone and inexpensive-but-good headphones. Also, try blind testing.

Okay, smartphone VS RNHP would probably be useless, but good amps vs good amps, and music at random, etc.

It might still prove you that the new toy is better than the old one, but… above all, it will show you the old one has qualities too.

1 Like

Bwahahahaha thats excellent advise lol

Thanx a lot. Really liked your review

1 Like

You should be! It’s a great amp!!!

I was probably happiest with a set of HD6xx and an Atom. Then I started chasing the dragon of “Sonic perfection.”. Ha! What nonsense. Experts can’t even agree on what that is, and here I am pursuing it. Nuts. Crazy. Unhealthy.

Also, guys I’m seriously considering trying an R2R DAC. Might get me a little closer to “natural” sound. And I have a set of Aryas arriving tomorrow, just because. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Hope you enjoy them, I really liked mine, should be pretty great on the spll amp :+1:

I am excited about them. Ive never tried HiFiMan products.

2 Likes

Hopefully you have a good experience lol (as long as you didn’t buy a he560 v2/v3 or a he5se you should be fine lol)

1 Like

or 350 - charcter limit

1 Like

I was pointed to the newer Bifrost 2 for the ‘pleasurable’ listening experience it provides.

Think “musical”, however one can quantify that!

But seriously, it’s getting a lot of praise, and it’s only $699. I’ll hopefully get mine next month.

3 Likes

Very true, don’t trust a hifiman dynamic lol, their bread and butter is clearly planar (and estat)

you both wil be happy dudes @ValentineLuke and @Andrew_Davis

2 Likes

TBH it’s the reputation for lack of sturdiness that has kept me away from them this long. But not every headphone can be the tanks that Audeze are

2 Likes

It’s pretty sweet lol

2 Likes

exactly my thoughts about Hifiman and I ordered the Ananda

2 Likes

I had no issues with the larger hifiman like the edition x or the more recent ananda or arya (although I like the headband better on the arya the classic style one but not the old one). If something is being sold by adorama camera I would just avoid lol

2 Likes

wonder the hole time, if I can leave the cables connected/attached to the cups left and right, when the Ananda get´s back in the box, after listening

• to avoid any dust stuff or dog hairs flying around with the super open planar
2 Likes

I bought and returned an “open box” EL-8 from them once. It looked like the box had been opened, kicked dkwn the street and spiked back and forth by two Olympic volleyball teams.

The cables were sort of just bunched up and crammed in the box, and the pads had some obvious signs of wear. I still might have kept them, but I didn’t care for the sound at all.

4 Likes

I think people have figured out that adorama camera is not somewhere you should buy from lol

Just imagine an “open box” lens or turntable from them lol

2 Likes