šŸ”· Schiit Asgard 3

Sorry, what exactly is the ā€œpotā€?

Like the interior where the knob sits or something else?

The pot or potentiometer is what controls the volume, sometimes they can get dust and debris in there and cause a scratchy sound, you can clean it out with compressed air or add more lubricant

3 Likes

I had a B stock Magni 3 that developed a scratchy pot and Schitt told me they use WD40 and another contact cleaner.

They apply the WD40 into the pot enclosure and rotate the pot several times and 9 out of ten times this cleard up the issueā€¦I tried it and it did workā€¦but in a few weeks it came back, sent back to Schitt and they replaced it with a new unit, have it now for 6+ months and no issues with the pot.

The Asgard 3 has the larger ALPS pot in it, take a look at the pix of the internals on the Schitt websiteā€¦

Alex

1 Like

Alright got my replacement Asgard 3 today and so far so good. I missed it during the week it was gone tbh, it sounds so good lol. Glad the process was stress free, and now time to dig in!

6 Likes

Glad to hear Blu !! I would go nuts without mine and I have other amps but I really enjoy this Asgard 3

1 Like

Yeah I still had my Magni 3 but after upgrading for a day, it was really hard to go back not gunna lie lol.

Totally agree and I have the magni 3+ā€¦ pales to the Asgard.

2 Likes

Glad you are back and up and running lol

Thanks, me too! :joy:

Awesome! And I totally agree. The A3 was a much bigger upgrade over the $100 amps than I expected.

1 Like

When comparing to my other amps, I am so surprised about how well the A3 keeps up. Itā€™s seriously an awesome value buy.

1 Like

good to hear! also that was very fastā€¦ im really impressed with Schiit latelyā€¦ customer service seem really tremendous and the pieces ive personally had/have are all really great products

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to my Asgard 2 but it was the high/low switch. Luckily it was in high mode when it happened so I havenā€™t messed with it. What did you find out?

So the on/off switch broke after like 10 hours of use which I thought was most definitely a malfunction because my Magni 3 and Modi 3 are still sturdy going on nearly a year now.

Sent an e-mail to the warranty mail in the paper that comes with the Asgard 3 and after 2 days never got a responseā€¦ So I went to Schiitā€™s website and filled out an R&A form or something just saying like ā€œHey my Asgard is defective, I got it a few days ago and itā€™s still under warranty. I donā€™t want a refund, just a replacement would be nice.ā€ and they responded like 2 hours later.

They sent me a FedEx label and paid for me to ship my unit back to them. Once my unit had a tracker on it, they shipped me a new unit - no questions asked. Was a really hassle free process and Iā€™m thankful that I have a working Asgard 3 again. Iā€™ve had it on basically since Iā€™ve got it back :+1:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Schiit is a awesome company! Most would have to wait till they received the item before shipping a new one. My situation is a little different though. Iā€™m the second owner and Iā€™m certain itā€™s out of warranty. I think it happened due to poor packaging when it was shipped.

Hmmm because you are the second owner that might unfortunately be the case. In my manual it says the Asgard 3 has a 5-year limited warranty but it is to the original purchaserā€¦ Might be worth a shot to try anyway? Not sure if this warranty is specific for all of their products or not.

1 Like

Its not going to hurt to send them a enail message to their support folks and at least ask the questionā€¦

Schiit has always treated me with respect and solved all of my issuesā€¦and sending a prepaid shipping lable to cover the cost sending back is niceā€¦when others do not do thisā€¦

Alex

Ok Iā€™ll check into it. Thank you for the help.

I know that the 789 is a ā€œbetterā€ amp than the asgard 3. But will there be a difference between the 2 amps specially with Argon Mk. 3s? Im looking for an amp upgrade from my Atom which just doesnā€™t power them nearly enough.

Yes, imo I would actually prefer the argons on the asgard 3 imo, it would be a pretty sweet combo. Plenty of power and punch, with also a smoother refined sound that will prevent harshness that the argons and give it a smoother tone imo. Are your argons balanced?