šŸ”· Schiit Asgard 3

i dont understand, how do you control volume on them?

You have to get an external preamp or volume control

Just wondering, would there be any reason to take the Jot over the Asgard outside of its balanced output? Where did you hear that there was a new one in development?

I personally think the asgard 3 is the cleaner less compressed sounding amp imo lol. I thought I remembered reading an article about a new upcoming jot but I could be mistaken. I think if you wanted something more powerful and balanced at the price point of the jot, the monoprice 887 might be a better bet imo

There is a rumor that recent Jotunheimā€™s are different, and Schiit has made changes before without changing version numbers.
But the only real advantage of the Jot is the balanced output and the cheap balanced DAC card.

Huh, didnā€™t know that. I have tried a jot (not super recent) and wasnā€™t really impressed

I like mine, I use it balanced, but I donā€™t hear a ton of difference between all the cleanish SS amps Iā€™ve tried under about $500.
I hear differences if an amp is struggling to drive a load, but outside of that they are all just good.

Thinking about buying this is it worth the extra 200 for that dac or should buy a cheaper dac

It should only be an extra 100 with the akm dac chip, the multibit is 200

Didnā€™t see that going to sell my liquid spark and tin t4 then lol

I have a question should I get the 100 dac installed or just a smsl m100?

It depends imo. I think personally if you dont mind not having an aio, the topping d10 or m100 would be a good choice, but the inbuilt dac would be pretty nice as well

Yeah ik I donā€™t mind the extra though

I would get it with 4490 DAC module, I have the amp by itself and it is amazing for that base price.
Unless you already have a separate DAC that has a better chip, the built-in one is just more convenient.

1 Like

How would you compare asgard 3 to the nfb 11.28

I much prefer the Asgard 3 imo, itā€™s a better refined amp. I am not the biggest audio gd fan because a fair amount of their amps have lots of power and not really that much finesse. Also the 11.28 has some dynamic compression that I donā€™t typically prefer

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my Asgard 3 w/ MB DAC for about a month, and while I donā€™t have an NFB-11.28, I do have the 11.32. To echo what M0N said, I much prefer the A3. The NFB-11.32 has always struck me as quite lifeless and dull. Maybe some of that has been remedied in the newer versions but in my particular case I only really keep the NFB-11 around because I havenā€™t wanted to go through the hassle of selling it.

One thing I have noticed with my Asgard 3, and this is specifically with Focal Elex, is that is that the pairing can be a bit bright for my tastes. I much prefer the Elex paired with my iFi Micro iDSD BL, but with other my headphones (HD650, HD660S and Dan Clark Audio Aeon Flow 2 Closed) the Asgard 3 wins out.

(Although Iā€™ll be honestā€¦ the Aeon Flow 2 Closed sound pretty amazing out of just about anything!)

1 Like

I gotta admit the aeon 2 closed made me sell my ether c flow 1.1, it really fixed the issues I had with the mrspeakers headphones, can highly recommend

Yeah the A3 is pretty awesome for the price. I can see it not being the ideal pairing for the elex tho

Just got the A3 and loving it so far can power the argons easily on high gain.

Just wondering about DAC options, is there any audible differences between the Modi Multibit and the Multibit addon card?