šŸ”· Schiit Asgard 3

Yo. Gald you like it as much as I do and yeah I totally agree the conveience of having an all in one desktop setup is just great if you are not a sucker for stacks. I prefer an all in one on my desk any day.

Update: the replacement came home. I think I was supposed to inform the Schiit Support Team. That explains the 2-3 weeks wait. Other than that, the replacement arrived within a day after the Operator was notified.

6 Likes

On my 3rd Asgard 3 now. The other two units were good for the first few weeks. Iā€™m now getting some weird static in the left ear on this 3rd unit. Need to do more A/B testing with my Magni 2.

All in all, Schiit has been very good about RMAā€™ing and not messing around with responses.

As @Shinidoshi said though, you should respond to your email saying you shipped it back. I noticed my 3rd one wasnt sent until I did as well.

Yikes. While I appreciate that Schiit is doing everything in their power to make it right, I would be pretty much over it by now after number three took a dump. I admire your patience. I think I would have been done by now and ready to move onto something else. Iā€™m nearly there now after nearly 2 months of waiting and no Jot 2, no communication and now practically no hope of ever seeing the damned thing.

And now I worry that if it does ever get here, it will be defective. Not very confidence inspiring. One wonders how Schiit allowed themselves to get into this mess in the first place. Oh well. I wish you the best and that number 4 will be the one.

1 Like

Maybe if youā€™d cancel that Jot2 order weā€™d all be spared this consistent rehashing of your ire with Schiit.

1 Like

Nope, not gonna happen! But to your point, I will not mention it again until November 1. A fair compromise.

1 Like

sounds like the ghost of Nwavguy came back to haunt the Asgard line again after Schittā€™s move to TX. /s

at least more humorous than the current reality that anyone in the IC business is dealing with insane supply chain issues if they didnā€™t have a ton of stock stored up.

1 Like

Not sure how much of their issues are with ICs vs farmed out parts. Theyā€™ve got backorders on black housings for some models.

1 Like

Its not just Schiitā€¦I had a Bryston BH-1 on order since Julyā€¦no end in sight in getting this amp here.
I cancelled the order.

Unfortunately the world logistics and supply stuff is in deep Schiit!

On the flip side, the demand is high for good stuffā€¦so it sells. And you have to wait. Sorry its just the way it isā€¦there are other good choices out there as wellā€¦

I recently sold a bunch of Schiitā€¦and it was sold almost instantaneouslyā€¦wonder whyā€¦

Enjoy the musicā€¦

1 Like

Copy that. And I get it. I guess what pissed me off was when the web site clearly said units ordered without modules would ship in 2-3 days, all others 6-8 weeks. They didnā€™t bother to mention that just because I ordered a Black one that put me on the 6-8 week list. Had I known that I never would have ordered it in the first place. That is all in the rear view now.

I will wait until November 1 and then just do as @lrjshabaz suggests, accept that itā€™s over and cancel the order. Life is too short to be hung out to dry like this. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

As much as I like Schiit and the dilemma they and we all are inā€¦you dont have to waitā€¦Schiit often states that there are many great products out thereā€¦

Alex

I just got done comparing the ESS module to the Modious AKM. They are very hard to hear any difference. Using the A3 as a preamp or listening direct.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t kill the warranty. It is a much newer and very different design. The install is a bit lame as you have to pull the board completely. It isnā€™t hard just not a simple add on card.

Well at least the ESS dac card measures better. I havenā€™t listened to the akm dac card so canā€™t compare them directly. I owned a Topping E30 and the difference from the E30 to the internal ESS dac card was pretty obvious to me. I pretty much prefer the ESS house soundā€¦

Yeah we wondered if some might feel that way. We could see if you really wanted detail forward that that tuning might be better. We only tested a particular track with some very good speakers. With this gear the e30 was bright and unpleasant in comparison. We didnā€™t a b cause we were more curious about the noxious. I will give that a try.

1 Like

Yeah. The E30 was very unpleasent on my stereo setup as wellā€¦ at least using itā€™s usb input. The SPDIF sounded a lot betterā€¦ still not great to my ears but bettter.

Currently running a su9 dac and I recently purchased the a3 with the true multibit card used and is currently
being shippedā€¦ How does the multibit stack up against the su9 ess dac?.. I have no experience with multibitā€¦ or should I have just got the modius or even a modi 3?

2 Likes

It will be just fine!!
Enjoy the music!

1 Like

Well, after 4 faulty Asgard 3s Iā€™m just going to eat the costs of returning it.

Which means 15% restocking fee and shipping costs to return.

Iā€™ve seen countless other posts online about the same exact issues. Seems to be very specific to the heat of the Asgard 3.

I cannot recommend buying an Asgard 3 at all right now.

Iā€™m probably going to grab the Element 2 instead, but Iā€™ll do research.

4??? Wow. Mine runs fine for over 6 months now and I only turn it off over nightā€¦

5 Likes