Schiit Bifrost 2

$100 off is nice. Damn taxes and shipping will get you.

The only thing I think I’ll miss about the smsl is seeing the sampling rate. I like seeing it.

how do you get the $100 off?

It’s automatically on the site. Amazon it’s 799 on schiit site it’s 699. Shipping sucks tho.

Oh, I thought it was always at $699 directly from Schiit. I may have been wrong.

2 Likes

Maybe they played me haha. But it says in the faq under the Bifrost.

1 Like

Oooh, you owned a first gen Bifrost? That explains the $100 off-

No its listed at 699. 799 on Amazon, and still $15 shipping.

1 Like

I had the jotunhiem at one point. Not the Bifrost.

1 Like

Oh, they always have the prices higher on Amazon, that’s a thing they kinda do by default from when I looked into buying the Asgard 3. As far as I can tell they never do any sales, but it’s neat that you’re gettin’ the Bifrost 2 though-

2 Likes

$699 for new buyers, $599 for current/existing Bifrost owners.

1 Like

Interesting that they have that on there. Maybe prices are going up after 31 Mar 2020

Most of the time the prices are much higher on Amazon because they take a commission (and for shipping).
The $100 difference is only a coincidence. Schiit will return $100 back if you owned Bifrost v1, back to your credit card (after taxes and shipping).

2 Likes

Nevermind, missed the previous Bifrost owner in the remarks section :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

A little foggy in the mind today. Anyways, I wanted for awhile so it’s done lol

2 Likes

I will mention that I am happy with my v2 enough that I would have been willing to pay the full $699 for it.

3 Likes

:laughing: that makes me feel like less of an idiot haha
Thank you!

1 Like

I still haven’t ordered mine! :laughing:

Hopefully within the next month.

1 Like

Hoping it’s a decent jump from the smsl su-8

I paid the full $699 for mine and it’s definitely worth that.
It’s a significant step up from the $100-$300 DAC’s and a lot of what most $1000+ DAC’s bring.

I consider the SU8 to be marginally better than a D10 with a bunch of additional features, the Bifrost 2 is a significant step up from it.

5 Likes