Schiit Bifrost 2

It should be quite different. Many would say better.

2 Likes

Hope the rnhp and BH crack work well with it.

2 Likes

The BH and the Bifrost are common pairings Iā€™ve seen recommended. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll say better and I actually donā€™t do that often.

3 Likes

Also, donā€™t be alarmed if it doesnā€™t sound superb right out of the box. It does take some time to have the electronics get up to temperature. Just make sure to leave the setup on and it should sound much better as you are breaking things in.

3 Likes

My jotunhiem got WARM. Howā€™s this to leave on?

2 Likes

Yes, it might take like perhaps 10 minutes to sound itā€™s best

3 Likes

I left my Jot on 24/7 got warm.
I leave my Gungnir Multibit on 24/7 it gets warm (I think Schiit actually recommends it for the Gungnir)
I leave the Bifrost 2 on 24/7 if getā€™s less warm, but still warm to the touch.

R2R DACā€™s are significantly affected by temperature, so youā€™ll want to be listening after it warms up, first 20 minutes are going to be the most critical, but itā€™ll continue to change for probably at least hours.

There are people who claim that the Yggdrassil sounds itā€™s best a week after itā€™s first turned on, though I doubt that sort of warm up time is really having much of an effect.

3 Likes

Yes if you can leave it on, do so, no real harm done

3 Likes

Got it. I typically turn off my smsl and rnhp.
Lately tho, Iā€™ve left them on because Iā€™ve been burning things in when not actually listening.

1 Like

I turn my Valve amps off to preserve the life of the valves, but all the SS I just leave on, components generally behave best once they reach a stable operating temperature, the time to reach that varies based on how localized the heat generation is, how big the enclosure is etc etc.
My Whammy amp takes a good 24 hours to stabalize in temperature, largely because all the heat generated in the case is localized, and it has to heat all the air in the case and then the case itself.

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks. How have you liked the whammy?

1 Like

Itā€™s my favorite amp with the Aeolus.
I have a Burson op-amp Iā€™m going to stick in it when I get a chance to see if it has any significant impact.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to add a strong statement to my impressions of the Bifrost 2.
Itā€™s really good.
I thing itā€™s better if you have a single ended amp than the Gungnir Multibit.
Thatā€™s a highly respected DAC that cost 2x as much.The Gungnirā€™s better balanced but I have a number of amps where I prefer the Bifrost 2.

6 Likes

I can agree with this, the B2 is very impressive for what you can get it for

2 Likes

Do you guys know if BF2 can output to xlr and rca simultaneously?

3 Likes

Pretty sure it can no problem

4 Likes

My Bifrost 2 is ready for pick upā€¦ May have to run out this evening. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got a friend that has one. Doing a listening party this weekend. 5 DACs, 7 amps, 11 headphones.

11 Likes

Sounds like a good time lol

3 Likes