Schiit Bifrost 2

I checked that. About 30 or 40 times. :smile:
It seems to be powering up and working fine, but will not put out sound.

Perhaps try using some rca to another amp? I would also close and reopen any applications on the pc to refresh their audio source, and also make sure there arenā€™t any specific audio settings in the application you are using. And for the input on the dac it should show the first light ofc, and double check the mute button again lol? Thatā€™s pretty strange that you get no output whatsoever but it get recognized just fine

I changed cables, amps, sources, etc.

I am sending it back tomorrow and Schiit will send out my replacement when the shipping is active. I will cover the cost and they will reimburse me.
Not ideal, but it is what is.

Well, hopefully the process goes smoothly, gl

1 Like

Same issue with mine when it died. Pc recognized it and everything seemed fine but no sound output. They replaced the output board it said on the repair ticket.

I thought they tested all their products between production and shipping. I guess not. Or maybe something got knocked around in shipping.

Sorry to hear of your issues. On a good note the replacemt shiit sent me works 100%

1 Like

@ShaneD So sorry to hear of thisā€¦after all that waiting! A lot of bumps and cold on the way up there, I suppose. Keep us posted. Meanwhile ā€œlove the one youā€™re with.ā€

1 Like

I just shipped my Bifrost 2 back to Schiit today actually. It died and wouldnā€™t turn back on. I will probably sell it once I get it back.

Thatā€™s disappointing. How long have you had it?

Purchased 6/17/2020

Yeah, I would do the same.

The amount of issues with the bf2 seem to be adding up more a little more than the normal deviation. I wonder if there was s run that was hit harder as i cross my fingers for my unit. Especially because it was bought used.

Best of luck to all out there with an rma.

2 Likes

Just wondering if those that are having issues have tried these steps: go into your usb driver settings on your PC, uninstall the schiit driver, turn off the DAC, unplug/replug DAC, and turn on. This should reinstall the driverā€™s and may help with your issue.

I recently had my mimby have the same issues you were describing, so it may be worth it to try. Good luck!

1 Like

Does the bf2 use a driver for the unison usb? I think for the units it was confirmed the output section. Also trying the optical is a way to test if it was drivers too

I donā€™t think so, at least not for windows, it doesnā€™t need one to be installed manually

2 Likes

Thereā€™s this thread. Mr. I sukka a dick for a DAC

2 Likes

Is anybody else finding their bifrost quite fatiguing for some reason? I find it kind of strange. Itā€™s a thick, warm dac that doesnā€™t strike me as bright or anything, but thereā€™s something in there that just fatigues me after a while, and I have no idea what it is. Iā€™m using the unison usb, I donā€™t have any gear that could connect with the other inputs.

I donā€™t find it fatiguing. What amp and headphones are you using?

2 Likes

vali2+ with hd650. I also get the same fatigue when connecting my headphones through the speaker amp, so I think itā€™s most likely the dac? Itā€™s disappointing because I wanted an r2r dac for the analogue, relaxed sound.