šŸ”· Schiit Jotunheim 2

yeah mine is like 11 days order to ship but im in the south and it took 7 days to get to you? yikes thanks though.

I ordered my Jot2 last Tuesday and they shipped today which is a week later and they said it would be 7-10 days, I did the cheapest shipping as well so it will be here by next Tuesday.

Very much looking forward to hearing the Jot2 with my favorite headphones and to hear how it pairs with my iFi Neo, I think it will be really good. The Neo is quite a balanced natural sounding Dac so the warmth of the Jot2 so they should work well together.

1 Like

anyone used a tube pre with the JOT 2? im using a vali 2 for a pre amp and its incredible and i dont even have the JOT 2 yet. also its my knowledge that the JOT 2 can convert RCA to balanced internally. would be nice to use JOT 2 with some nice NOS tube sound.

WOW, just got the JOT 2 with my he6se and WOW. was using only 1 watt tube hyprid (vali 2) which i am now using as a tube pre amp and its light years ahead of my ananda which was the previous best headphone id tried but ananda on JOT 2 improves it a lot over heresy. so suffice to say this amp is wild in comparison. spacial cues are insane i dont know if thats from the tube or the grill mod i did with the aluminum ebay grills. but its wild.

i blew my friends minds yesterday and they were making fun of me for being into audio so much and speakers all over my house but i think i converted them they said ā€œit feels like im thereā€ " i cant believe how crisp this sounds" put on some chocolate chip trip by tool and they thought i had my speakers on lol so ananda on this amp to make the power irrelevant does the same things as i said the he6se does just less good. could easily blind A/B and pick JOT 2 every time. amazing amp. and can really elevate a headphone that is ā€œgood enoughā€ into ā€œwowā€ . yes some will say i need more power for he6se but i really dont think so at least its good enough for me. my ears are vibrating at half volume on high gain. took over 2 weeks from order to door.

5 Likes

Going to add to that now :slight_smile:

So Iā€™ve changed my mind on purchasing the Magnius/Modius combo today after more reading. If Iā€™m being 100% honestā€¦it also has to do with the backorder issue that has caused me to probably overthink things.

Anyway, would you recommend the Jot2 with the Multibit card or the Jot2 with the Modius? Basically the same price and honestly convenience is not a big deal to me. Iā€™m fine with a stack or no stack. Iā€™ve read that generally it is better to have separate AMP/DAC when possibleā€¦however I also know that Schiit does their add-on cards very well.

I simply canā€™t afford to go Jot2 and BF2, so looking for the next closest thing to it but staying with Schiit - love their products and service.

2 Likes

Looks like I answered my own question from another thread you responded to. Nevermind!

1 Like

I ran the Jot 2 along with a Modius. It was a really nice combo sonically. It will do you fine.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m currently running, and while I do plan on moving to the Bifrost 2 before long, I canā€™t say that I have any complaints about running the Jot2 with the Modius.

1 Like

well schiits add on cards have actually measured almost half as good as their separate versions if measurements mater to you at all. the modius is a great DAC. crystal clear with XLR. zero noise one of the best measuring DACS out there.

Generally it is better to buy separates for sure! What Dac are you using now? The Jot 2 with Multibit card measurements aside still sounds very enjoyable. If they are the same price you may want separates though.

2 Likes

FWIW I ordered the Bifrost 11 days ago. Yesterday I emailed Schiit and they said it would be a couple more days. The Jot 2 arrived in about 5 days.

2 Likes

Good schiit. Iā€™ll be waiting a bit for the Modius it sounds like but I just hope they hold back a Jot 2 for me since Iā€™ve paid for both.

I should add, I am in Nor Cal so shipping is quick from LAā€¦

For those who have the Jot 2 and the Bifrost 2. Was the upside down XLR outputs on the Bifrost 2 a pain to deal with? I was thinking about picking up Snake Oilā€™s 10 inch XLR cables for when I go balanced with the Bifrost 2 and a Jot 2 (eventually).

Nope. I am using theseā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LNN2EQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Awesome - thank you!

1 Like

No, not problem at all. Iā€™m using Worlds Best Cables XLR 3ft, 1ft, and 6" as needed to suit my needs.
Well made easily obtainable and donā€™t break the bank. Iā€™ll just link 1 for example.

2 Likes

Perfect - thanks for the link!

Man listening to Long after youre gone by chris jones starting at 3:05, blows my mind on the he6se and JOT 2. the space and pluck to the guitar is shaking my ears. this amp is LEGIT.

1 Like

Quick question: on the SE pathway of the Jot2, I have the PRE OUT RCAs going to my Darkvoice, but the manual says the SE Preamp Output is to ā€œConnect to powered monitors or a speaker amp with RCA cables.ā€ Iā€™m not using it incorrectly or dangerously, am I? Should be fine, right?

Also, is it better to adjust the volume from the preamp (in this case Jot2) or from the endpoint amp (in this case the DV)? Or does it not matter?