Schiit Loki Max

Absolutley…this is why I look for a different version of a particular song etc…if one doesnt sonically float my boat…I sail away and look for a different shore so to speak…sometimes its better and sometimes its the same and sometimes it worse!

Not all re-masters are “better” just because they are re-mastered…

Ah…the search for perfection continues!

lol

3 Likes

With my system I run:

1. BF2- XLR out -XLR switcher and three XLR lines to three different amps.

2. BF2 - RCA - Schiit Loki - RCA switcher. And then three RCA lines to three amps.

3 Likes

Nice, Shane! I was a bit skeptical when I bought the XLR switcher because I was concerned about signal degradation, but honestly my ear isn’t detecting any. These are very nice units.

Now that both the SU-8 and the DA-8S are free I’m going to setup a test system and see how this vintage EQ plays with the stack. Then if I like the results I will implement the EQ into the main system. Should be a fun little project. For the record, I love messin’ with EQ! Where some prefer a plug and play approach and do not enjoy adjusting things, which is COMPLETELY valid, I’m more of a tinkerer! To me it’s fun.

1 Like

Mine works well but I hardly use it. To me, if a headphone needs a lot of EQ, I just move it on.
The exception is that I like to add a little bit of bass on my Grado’s. :grin:

1 Like

I tend to EQ by using different equipment - listening on a tube amp vs solid state or with different headphones that have different technology (dynamic, planar, electrostatic) or are tuned differently. That gives me enough variation if I need to modify the frequency of any particular area.

1 Like