Schiit - Lokius

Thanks for the advice!

Donā€™t discount just grabbing an xlr > 4.4 adapter to expand options.

1 Like

Fair. Didnā€™t know that was a thing.
Any stack recomendations that would then outperform A90-modius-lokius? Under 1,5k?

Iā€™d concentrate on synergy with the TH900, which I have a real blind-spot for. Isnā€™t it supposed to be notoriously chain picky? Iā€™d devour threads on what folks are using with it - while simultaneously not having too much gain and retaining a low noise floor for your IEMs.

1 Like

Most things you find is somewhat bank braking :laughing:
Iā€™m looking into it though. Not going to rush.

Thought it was the 909 that was that picky :thinking:
But nonetheless why not shoot to our resident audiophile with a th 900 and lots of amp and DAC experience @WaveTheory and hope for an illuminating answer :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything with those Fostex 1.5T biodynas is amp picky.

@JHilderson a lot depends on what youā€™re trying to EQ out of the TH900 sound. Is it too bright? Are the mids too recessed? Etc. For brightness with those 1.5T itā€™s more about control than level. If the chain doesnā€™t control the treble, you can EQ down, but that sharpness will still be there.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers!

You know, the reason for the lokius would be that Iā€™d like to have a bit of freedom to play with some bands. I work fully on ipad pro all day and thus I have none of the software to eq anything. Plus, basically, I like it that way.

The fostex th900 itā€™s hard to describe. Iā€™m sensitive to some frequencies (I also have mild however constant tinitus for years now). The th900 on my q5s, I just listened now to a few tracks after months of not using the HP and it sounds good actually. The q5s does bring warmth so it has good bass and the highs are pretty crisp. Donā€™t notice much wrong.

However I remember if I use it more often I get this fatigue that I donā€™t get from other gear. And eventually music doesnā€™t sound good anymore if that makes senseā€¦

But since I have the space now, Iā€™d like to have a stationary desk stack that pairs well with my headphones.

I guess I like it a little warmer. I had an ifi signature for a moment and waauw. The sardaā€™s sounded so flat and without and life in them I immediately sent it back. I also had a dethonray honey for a day or 2 but th900 as well as sardas kinda sounded weird on them. Th900 pretty flat. No fun.

The cascade are more of an extreme HP and actually I like them more on my topping bc3 then on the q5s as it controls the bass more into pronounced however not bloated. The q5s make them sound a little too extreme on the bass spectrum.

I decided to go on a completely different route (and also save myself some money).

I bought myself a hifiman ef400. Also based off of your review where you said it did well with your th900 lawton mod. I must say Iā€™m pleased with how all my headphones sound on this device!

Thanks

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m using a Zen DAC v1 > Lokius > Zen Air Can > HD600.

Is the balanced into Lokius clearer than the SE option?

Been hearing a bit of hum through the Lokius but only when using iems. With headphones itā€™s not there