Schiit - Lokius

Yeah, definitely frustrating. I know they are moving or have moved some of their production to Texas as well as having to handle a huge influx of orders, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. My BF2 and Jot2 have been so good that’s why I also purchased a Valhalla and Lokius to go with them.

I get the fact that there could be back logs. But this shit has been going on far too long now with zero improvement. Something is wrong there. You have to be more agile than that.

Really though, I think it’s the no -communication that is angering me the most. If you are having trouble, just let me know. It takes two minutes to send me an email. I dunno. I’ll wait a few more weeks and then I’m gonna cancel and get something else. I don’t want to do that because I think the Jot is gonna be great, but at some point you just have to call it and move on.

I waited over 2 months for my Loki+. Fortunately it’s not life or death to wait on audio products. What was the estimated timeframe when you ordered? Remember too that gear from China is usually highly mass produced when compared to a relatively small operation such as Schiit.

For some perspective…I had an ultrasound recently that shows partial renal artery
blockage and just found out I have to wait a month to see a Nephrologist.

Agreed, not life or death. But not acceptable either. If I don’t have it in my hands by the end of October I will most likely cancel. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Wow. Hope you will be OK. That’s crazy.

Oh lord you guys are patient!!! Specially for the doc visit. I took a chance after seeing Dan’s review and bought the lokius. Got an email this morning saying it has shipped…maybe it’s because I asked for black.

@Raptor168 Thanks for the thoughts. I’m interested in the Lokius as well, though it’s not
a priority obviously. Let us know what you think, if you do get it. PS from all I’ve read it
sounds like the Jot is worth the wait. :wink:

1 Like

What was the estimated time when you placed your order?

If I had ordered a module with it it would have been 6 to 8 weeks. But a simple Jot2 with no modules was supposed to ship in 5 days. I am now in week 3. So I dunno. Again, the lack of communication is really the thing that is pissing me off the most. It shows me that they don’t care. But I guess customer service is just something that died off long ago. Not with everyone though. There are companies like Apos and Hart Audio that still get it.

So I will wait for the Jot to come and hope like hell it isn’t defective when/if it ever does show up. And that will be it.

Have you reached out to Schiit for an update? They probably have too many orders to reach out individually.

It’s all probably due to the global supply chain issues that are impacting practically every manufacturer. There are massive shortages of all kinds of components for electronics right now, and Schiit is probably stuck waiting for chips and/or other parts. It’s really crappy, but sadly there is nothing like a company like Schiit (or anyone even as big as Sony) can do about it. They simply have to wait for their orders to be filled, so they can turn around and fill your order.

I hope they respond to you, and I really hope you get your Jot 2 soon. It will be very worth the wait!

I know all this, man. I have not reached out to them yet because I was trying to be patient . And I was fine with it till yesterday! Something inside me just kinda clicked. And suddenly I wasn’t fine with it anymore. But as the day wears on and I sit here enjoying the hell outta this SP200 / Sivga Phoenix combo I am kinda over it. I am not missing out on anything, really. The afore mentioned pairing is continuing to surprise and please me.

So hell, they can do whatever it is they are doing over there at Schiit. I’m good. Again! I will say though if I am slashing Pumpkins and that thing isn’t on my desk I’m gonna be pissed… Again! :grin:

So I got my lokius and have just used for a little bit and man it works great with planars…but it seems the Topping D90 is way to hot of a DAC and distortion happens early with dynamic drivers and electrostatic earspeakers. I’m going to give it a lot long listen just to make sure my hearing isn’t borked and I’m just eq’ing horribly.

HA! I am now in Schiit purgatory because I had the audacity to order a Black one. Oh well. It’ll be worth it… I guess… :grimacing:

On another note, Is this Lokius gonna work for you? Hopefully it will settle in after a while.

I think it will, most of my hp’s are planar. I might take my EL2 DAC and throw it on there to see what happens.

That purgatory is awful!!! I really do think it needs to settle in. When you turn the power on it’s crazy to hear all the relay switching that’s going on for something that shouldn’t be way over complicated.

My experience with Lokius

I was driving the Hifiman XS and got my Lokius in. Worked great and I liked the ease of use but I did end up upgrading to the Arya v2. I kept the Lokius in bypass while I learned to hear what the Arya has to offer which is super spacious staging. Compared to the XS which I liken as flat (wide staging, little depth and height. Sounds layer on each other) the Arya are holographic with width, depth and height with space in between everything. I read another opinion on Lokius collapsing their Soundstage and that made me curious to see if I heard the same thing. Sure enough, despite no EQ taking place the moment the Lokius is switched into active mode my Soundstage collapsed. The holographic Arya turned flat, not as flat as the XS but definitely lost that which really makes the headphones shine. I bought these headphones specifically for the staging so it’s obviously a problem.

Anyway, I’m in the middle of getting my return going. I’m still within the 15 days however it’s not easy. I’ve got 1 reply from customer support in the last 4 days so I’m hoping they don’t try to screw me.

For anyone curious I’m running Jot 2/BF2 balanced with the Lokius. Wouldn’t be such an issue with more intimate headphones I’m sure as I didn’t even notice this with the XS. Ymmv

3 Likes

Could I run a lokius with a fiio k9 pro?

Only if you use the k9 as a DAC for another amp, because otherwise as an all-in-one it’s hard to get the Lokius in between the DAC and amp part :stuck_out_tongue:

Right…
i’m looking for a combo that I can put a lokius in between then. That has 4,4mm pentacon. My headphones all have 4,4’s .

Any tips?
Thanks for responding!

I have a fostex th900 mk2, campfire caskade and hyla sarda as iem. I mostly want to be able to tweak the fostex a bit. But I work from ipad, and so I can’t have eq software and to be honest, I like knobs to control the eq.

Hm for HP and iem usage something like a singer sa 1 or a topping a90 would be the first units with a 4.4 and enough useable volume range that come to my mind as an amp and for a DAC usage pick what you like or looks good but maybe a shiit modius is a good start be cause it matches the Lokius :wink:

For better options it would help for what kind of sound you are searching for so others can help you better ^^

1 Like