šŸ”· Schiit Modius

Probably negligible, nothing else in the pricepoint is trying to do it either.

and there are dongles / doodadā€™s that you can add-on that provide that functionality, no?

1 Like

hee heeā€¦the photoā€™s show you what they want you to pair it withā€¦

well, the Modius, Asgard and Valhalla all share the same foot print. thereā€™s a gorgeous stack!

alas, the Loki is too small to fit anywhere properlyā€¦and is too large to sit on top of the Valhalla cleanly.

Iā€™ll be interested to hear everyoneā€™s thoughts on this. If the verdict is good, Iā€™ll probably sell my E30 so I can get a nice stack with my A3.

1 Like

Iā€™d be lying if I said that pictures like these had no impact in my purchasing decision, lol. Now I just need the modius to complete the look.

Damn. Three edits just for auto correct BS.

4 Likes

HERETIC!!!

I personally am curious how it will hold up, I have a feeling that it might not be worth unless you are after the stack for a single ended amp, but balanced aspect is most likely going to be more compelling due to the different output stages

1 Like

I ordered. Needed a second balanced DAC, and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll like this more than any of the Chinese offerings in the price range.

4 Likes

Sameā€¦ Just got an e30 so I wonā€™t be getting this, but curious if it sounds better than the Modi. I would hope so for the $200 price tag though.

It better or Iā€™m going to be slightly pissed lol

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: I totally understand the sentiment, as I would feel the same

Just gotta determine how it sounds within 15 days and get all money back if needed

USB opto-isolators exist. Just stick one of those in line.

Looks like Amirā€™s review is upā€¦

ā€œJust a year ago we could not imagine a balanced DAC at $199 let alone from a western company.ā€

Dang why he gotta dunk on Geshelli like thatā€¦

9 Likes

Link to the review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-modius-balanced-dac-review.13769/

Or the various audio interfaces, Rode AI-1 for example.

Well, this one is definitely on my radar. Initially, I was deciding between Bifrost 2 or Denafrips ARES II. Iā€™m so ready to move on from the SDAC-B.

I just realized Schiit actually doesnā€™t have a matching balanced amp to pair with this. the Asgard and Valhalla are the same dimensions, so will look good as a stack, but theyā€™re all single ended. everything else is too big or too small, so canā€™t actually ā€˜stackā€™.

I hope this means a balanced amp is in the works!

3 Likes

The next version of the Jotunheim?

3 Likes

oh my bad, good spot! the Jot is the same sizeā€¦just a bit dated as an amp since itā€™s last revision?

2 Likes