Scout Mode in g6 ,is hardware or software?

So do you recommend playing with just stereo in most FPS games? How about the scout mode, which is an EQ preset?

With my ears and familiarity with my own gear yes most fps games I would play with just stereo. I will also say I do have dolby atmos for headphones and do turn it on from time to time when I play games that are compatible with it just to remind myself how good it is and it’s good just not as good or as big a difference as when I plug in say headphones that are bad for gaming

But like I said if the sound engine is just kinda garbage bad does kinda help but even then the headphones still make the most difference my most angy experience regarding sound is still the day I missed footsteps in apex using razer headsets using my friends setup

Thats mean 9500 do much better than 712 in cod.

In rtings.com Imaging 8.6

I am noob by the way

I kinda disagree. Rtings is not a site I would use to actually gauge anything aside Frome measurements as that’s the only thing they do a good job at. Those ratings are based off purely measurements and not really on listening or gaming experience. By that I mean people didn’t sit down and play video games to determine an actual number.

Please help give me 1 and 2 and 3 for cod.i want to buy and finish
Thanks

Every Headphone has different subtleties like soundstage shape and how well imaging happens in front , left, or right of you or even in between both ears that a number fails to convey

Aight to my ears I enjoy the hifiman 4xx the most for modern warfare , for black ops they do sound different for some reason and I like my beyers for them so like a 880 or 990. But the akg k712 is a good all-rounder and should do well in cod. If the 702 is significantlycheaper might be a better purchase because the gaming prowess is basically the same and will do you better from a value perspective if this is just for gaming and not critical listening to music

1 Like

250 ohm is enough?

Yep if you dont wanna spend on a beefy amp

But if you do get a decent amp like a magni 3+ or a liquid spark a 600 ohm would be better if it’s the same price

yeah, scout doesn’t create a speaker presentation it just adjusts the sound to place footsteps forward… though only good on certain pieces of audio equipment and terrible on others.

pretty much yeah, a good amount of open back headphones(not headsets) will give you a rather large stage to begin so this is naturally obtainable and not necessary to rely on atmos or 7.1… less your like wanting the sound to be more cinema like on your closed backs that are a bit more narrow which is why I said some special exceptions.

your not going to get a “this is the whole truth and absolute fact” when it comes to this hobby… its all opinionated

no, youtube compresses videos and cannot play at hi res or flac… you’d need flac files or lossless of sorts.

702 is better yes, as it’s brighter and more analytical while k712 is the bassier one… 6xx is only good on smaller fps like cod as it has a very narrow stage.

^ agreed with @RiceGuru

I play with a few select headphones… T1.2 being my main go to for heavy handed competitive and never have a need for any form of 7.1 settings or eq presets… Only time I have ever used an eq preset was off of IFI for their xbass button for headphones like 1990, elegia, k7 series, etc that are more bass neutral or recessive as it helps them out by a lot.

this is the other special exception… sometimes you will get those games that are just trash for their game engines(looking at you cod) sound and respective placement, so 7.1 can have a place here but again super niche and not needed.

you’d be smart to stop listening to places like rtings… its even more opinionated and half the time I disagree with it on many regards… shp9500 and 712 are very different headphones… 712 has imaging issues while 9500 has other issues like clamp force, grain on the treble, bass has like no presence, very cheap build, etc. Both do the job just fine… in cod though? I would take the 9500 over the 712 even more so considering pricepoint… 9500 is a moddable headphone which can give it a variety of signatures as well as the ability to use a v-moda boom pro plug in mic… makes it very good for an entry level however modifications can drag the cost to $150 or higher

+1

1. tygr 300r
  2. DT 880/990/770
  3. k702/ad700x/58x jubilee

^ all should be within $200 if they are over that … skip. Note(990 may have the best of both worlds for soundstage and imaging… as well as bright as hell but this can pose sibilance issues… you also definitely need an amp to drive the DT series to full. tygr 300r can be ran ampless in most cases otherwise you just need something cheap to push them to full sound… as tygr is 32 ohms while the DT series is usually either best in 250 ohm or 600 ohm respectively… granted you gain more refinement and sound quality from DT and you can adjust your sound more in EQ from the DT

^ I do recommend spark if going with a brighter headphone… if more neutral or like 880, k702, etc than I like the magni a bit more

2 Likes

i am looking for headphone for 10 years , i do not mind pay more to get good headphone.

is this the one you talking about?

https://www.samma3a.com/en/beyerdynamic-t1-2nd-gen-audiophile-stereo-headphones.html

what dac do you recommend ?
ty

The other headphones listed above will suit you fine… T1 2nd generation and it’s brother the DT 1990 are close to 3 times the price.

Yes, that is the one I use, but I have the normal version… which is just aesthetics. That’s the ninja black version which just makes the headphone more black in color.

You would need a bit of a beefy amp to drive a T1.2… bottom line I would say… something in the $200 range per unit but further up would be better. Asgard 3 + E30 or Modius as your dac would work well… you can substitute them for the Soundblaster G6(which can actually drive the T1.2 just not to it’s best sound).

The T1.2 like the DT series before it has a lot of scaling… meaning it sounds a lot better with better equipment being used. This same factor comes into play with 880 and 990 at 600 ohms respectively. T1.2 is also naturally at 600 ohms but not as demanding as the DT series…

T1.2 also can make use of balanced amps as it’s a detachable duel sided 3.5mm cabling… if you were to get a balanced amp like me, I use the liquid platinum, you can get a balanced XLR cable for them of which some amps can really wake up the T1.2 in that regard.

In the long run, I would say only go for the T1.2 or 1990 if you are able to purchase it and you really want the much higher quality of sound… if it’s -only- gaming performance? Grab something like the DT series at 600 ohms and a good amp and dac. The comfort will be a little different as well… T1.2 has curved drivers but with the DT series the cups are a bit more shallow so your ears can touch the foam inside… I personally like the DT comfort more but I grew used to T1.2. Currently in the process of trying some angled pads on them since its the only beyer that comes to mind(I think other than Amiron) that has curved drivers from beyer… these curved drivers allows the T1.2 to have the biggest soundstage of the beyers while still being crazy accurate on the imaging

bit messy but yeah ^ tygr 300r and T1.2 in the picture. Edit: oh and I guess the G6 made it in that picture too… yeah testing that right now on some other units

1 Like

Listen to this with your current headphones:

2 Likes

holy soundstage batman that’s a good imaging video lmao

2 Likes

i will go with AKG K702 ,can you recommend dac please.

i will buy all from amazon uk AKG K702

thanks

So, am I fine with the T1 2nd gen? The 3rd gen suits my music preference honestly…

I keep saying this, I will not stop saying this… no no and more no. 3rd gen is

too expensive for what it really is
bassy as hell and lost a lot of detail retrieval from the flip of the signature, this bass completely obliterates your footsteps
32 ohms now so it lost it’s scaling for the sake of cheaper hardware
Put simply? This is probably one of the absolute worst headphones I have ever tried to game competitively with

if you want to get it for music primarily? sure, I don’t see why not if that’s your thing… but if your just looking for a bass cannon go grab a Fostex or something like an Audeze if you want the open back. If it’s the warm signature your after, that would be Tygr 300R

can’t really speak on uk… depends on the brands available to you on amazon honestly… You do still need an amp just so your aware… there is a difference between an amp and a dac less you get a combo unit… Something from Topping, Monoprice, Schiit, JDS, or ENOG would work… I have seen the earman donald dac recommended a few times as well.

Otherwise depending on the headphone you can also just snag the G6 or IFI Zen Dac for now and grab an amp later