Scout Mode in g6 ,is hardware or software?

Man…then there is zero reason for the 3rd gen…
I’ll go for the 2nd gen, but are there any G6 alternatives that has an EQ preset via software or hardware(like the GSX1000)?

It’s unfortunate, I do like the 3rd gen I own it myself next to my 2nd gen but it never sees any use in competitives… now movies or casual? oh definitely it does quite well there.

none that particularly come to mind no outside of IFI’s products which is the Xbass button and later on you get the Xspace button that adds detail, staging, and treble(least thats what I hear but really it just sounds like more air to the sound which… air is space and this comes from treble). I personally really like the IFI units but they aren’t the best on everything for sure… that xbass button can really muddy up or distort some headphones… I would only say it’s great for those headphones with like very close to neutral or recessive bass tones as it helps a lot. GSX1000 is horrendously weak and not a very good dac either imo… it’s settings are nice… about it really, very over priced all considering. By weak, I mean it’s weaker than most motherboards in terms of power… it can’t even really drive Sennheisers 500 series properly and that’s barily anything

1 Like

Thanks for the info! But are there only two presets(Xspace, Xbass) in the zen can?

In case of dedicated DAC and Amp, you could put a Schiit Loki or Bellari EQ570 between the two.

yes… the can has the two presets from ifi. Zen dac and Zen Can are a stack. If your looking for a full on equalizer I second @MazeFrame on the recommendation as those are quite nice… otherwise if on pc you can always just get PEACE APO which is free software that downloads to the dac and can fully control your sound

Dear what do you think about Shure SRH1840? its 440$ here

I like shure and the 1840 is alright. It’s quite comfortable outside of the headband imo as it has very little on the padding I feel it really could do with an adjustment. Soundwise quite nice even on competitives… the bass is on the recessive side with the mids slightly bumped and the highs having some peak to it… sounds like another headphone for mids and highs but the mids aren’t really pushed forward on this one, treble offers air but definitely not much in the way of sparkle on the sound. Soundstage is nice close to that of a beyer it’s not the best at imaging and separation… At $400 I would honestly pass on it for tygr 300r or 880 less you can score an 1840 for like $250 then I would say it’s worth it.

^ 1840’s response graph.

1 Like

Has everyone forgotten about the ad700x. They’re still pretty good gaming headphones

2 Likes

i’d really like to see how a pair of 990s with a balance mod measure. ever since i did my balance mod mine are a whole different beast with 400mw of power coursing through their veins. seriously though, it’s a night and day difference, and i loved them before but now i’ll just never get rid of them. they’re easily twice as good as they were before. sound profile also changed quite noticeably.

plz 1990 or this HarmonicDyne Zeus ?

quality is cheap

your asking about a headphone that is far too new to make any comments on, I wouldn’t be able to make any remarks either way as to even get one it would take till February

1 Like

look what i found i had speakers bought 1o years ago and i stopped using it.now i connect my ATH-M40x to it while i am playing on pc oh god i can hear every thing lol.

this the receiver RX-V1067
does it mean i can run dt880 600 ohm easy ?

i am using hdmi in the receiver i had to make my screen on duplicate i think i need to buy special cable so the receiver only audio source ,right ?

That one, I am not quite sure… hard for me to gauge. I would ask some of the others for full clarification on that. 880 is quite picky as it is…

1 Like

My dt880 600ohm on the way,how do I know that my receiver power dt 880 at maximum performance?

Plug in and turn volume to full ?

RX-V1067
• Headphone Jack Rated Output/Impedance
AV5, etc. (1 kHz, 50 mV, 8 Ω)… 100 mV/470 Ω

What does it mean?

plug it in, make sure pc volume is 100% and steadily raise the volume of the amp. If you need to bring to 90%-100% you could use more power

1 Like

hi
i just received dt880 600 ohm receiver(rx-v1067) ,winds volume at 100% and receiver volume around 70%.do i need extra ?

dt880 sound ok in gaming i thought i am gonna enter new world ,luckily i did not spend more and bought t1.

winds volume? what? you mean the pc volume is at 100%? If the pc volume is at 100% but the recieve is only needing to be at 70% for loud volume, your fine on power. Though sound quality is questionable considering the scaling on the 880 600 ohm, as it definitely responds by a very large margin to higher grade equipment.

new world? no, sound is sound, just some cases are better than others or more enjoyable and also depends on the person. 880 are quite balance tonally with bright aspects then again they aren’t fully open back, nor are they the bassy variety.

personally love my T1 over the 880. not a fan of the semi open back which limits the 880s soundstage, plus the T1 has more in the bass and treble while keeping a good mid presence so I see it as a direct step up to the 880 in a very good way. For exclusive gaming, no real need to get crazy about it, 880s are fine in most cases and a lot of game sound engines tend to suck when it comes to FPS

1 Like