đŸ”¶ Sendy Aiva

Heh, I was just about to share this video too.

It looks to have the generic AliExpress sivga-ish headband. This and the Phantom need to be reviewed by the regulars like Zeos, DMS, Josh and Metal.

I recently found BGGAR and sure he has a good ear but he doesn’t seem to have the full sized headphone experience others have so it’s hard to know where it sits in the grand scheme of the headphone rankings.

4 Likes

About the Thieaudio Phantoms, Zeos has a review of them up on his Patreon and DMS will getting a look at them soon.

2 Likes

I’m glad that I pay $600 for sendy aiva, not that cheap looking cans. Besides, using the same driver doesn’t mean they sound identical. We already learned that from Takstar HF 580. Think about it, if you need to pay another $100 to get a 6N-occ balance cable, why not just go for sendy.

2 Likes

That’s kind of my thinking. If the blon were around $300, it might be more of something to look at, but 150 more can just get you the tried and true sendy

Review said they sounded the same and if you don’t need the 100$ cable and the 100$ box, save 200$ and get the blons instead.

The takstars are different, sound different, more bassy. Not these, apparently.

Now online for everyone:

1 Like

Well, you can get an open box one for $499 from MusicTeck. In his video, he talked a lot about some other products that had the same driver as Beyer’s. He tried to give us an idea that headphone with the same drivers would sound the same.

I changed my pads to brainwavz sheepskin leather angled pads, and I can tell you the sound is different. It still has the same sound signature, but the soundstage and bass are improved. BLON-B20 doesn’t even come with angled pads, and I doubt that it would sound “the same as” Aiva.

I don’t really follow BGGA’s channel, but I remember that he says he’s going to do separate reviews on sendy and phantom. It has been a month, where is the sendy’s?
I only saw him comparing products from Linsoul with sendy.

1 Like

4m10. :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/U6E_TNIeWSo

Replacement Sendy pads are only $25.

At MusicTeck

Yes, I do see that. That’s why I feel it’s really weird for him to say that because the pads do change the sound a bit. I believe the sound on normal pads(not angled pads) would be quite different from the angled pads. Unless he couldn’t notice the difference

Maybe he is right about the sound on B20, but I am happy with my purchase on sendy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know what to buy :roll_eyes:. A Sendy Aiva or wait till the Focal Elex is on drop again. Which one do you prefer?
I’m listening mostly to Rock, Metall Sound (System of a down, Rage again the M, this kind of stuff) but also music like Pink Floyd, Phil Collins. No classic music. The sound doesn’t have to be analytic, but more a “fun” sound. Precise, kicking bass i also like.

If you’re listening to mostly rock, I suspect you would like the Elex more. Although, I’d say the Aiva has a more “fun” sound signature. The Elex has a more natural sound signature, while the Aiva has better detail. If you thank a chance with the Aiva, you could return it if you hate it (not an option for Drop).

4 Likes

I own both the Sendy and Elex. My preferred music genre is progressive metal. The Elex wins hands down, but if you don’t already own the 6xx, you should for the type of music you listen to, and it’s less expensive than the Elex. The Elex will have extended highs vs the 6xx but you probably won’t miss them. The 6xx timbre is also preferred vs the Elex which sound slightly metallic in comparison.

Hope this info is helpful!

Thank you guys for the tips! I ordered a Fostex Purpleheart, because i guess i need bass. A lot :joy: . And if i don’t like it the 6xx would be a steal.

There you go, great bass on the purplehearts (good highs as well), and great mids on the 6xx.

I think someone said that you can return massdrop stuff before 30 days

Just got my Aivas today and have been putting them through the paces. I was a little worried as I prefer warm headphones and most reviews stated these were bass light and treble heavy, but I’m really enjoying them so far. I know I shouldn’t judge any new cans the day I first get them, but I really like the way vocals and stringed instruments come across on these. Bass is not nearly as muted as I was expecting either. Build and comfort are great too. I have had headphones I have been lukewarm on that I grew to love or hate, but I only have a few pairs that I enjoyed this much right away. I’ve only seen Mon’s reported crinkle when I put them on my head and press onto my ears, but don’t hear it at all once they are on and situated

Well that’s good that you like them and the crinkle isn’t a problem :+1:

The crinkle is normal for planers my Avia and Empyrean have it. Worst headphone crinkle was my LCDX(don’t have them anymore).

I really have only had crinkle issues with my sendy, no other planar that I’ve owned had that issue (except a original m1060 that I rma’d and the new one didn’t have the crinkle, but it had other issues as well). I have heard two empyreans and neither had a crinkle issue, but granted I don’t own a pair (wasn’t exactly what I was looking for)