šŸ”¶ Sendy Aiva

I would like to know if anyone tries to EQ their pair. I did boost a little bit from 1k-8k, and it brings out vocals a little forward. Sounds natural to my ears.

I havenā€™t felt a real need to eq mine that much, but I do have a default eq of +4db from 15hz to 45hz set and that gives a nice bass boost

1 Like

I would really love to get EQ settings for the Aivaā€™s for a more Neutral headphone. The Aivaā€™s almost have a V shape EQ or maybe more like a U shape lol.

The other day I was listening to Duran Duran and A-haā€™s first album remastered and it sounded so bad i had to EQ down the Bass and Treble. I dont know how to turn up the midrange. I was using Foobar.

I was looking on the web to see if anyone had some neutral EQ settings for the Aivaā€™s and i found a huge project where theyā€™ve EQ literally over 2000 headphones from multiple source frequency response graphs. Its called AutoEQ. The sources include oratory1990, Crinacle, Innerfidelity, Rtings, Headphone.com, Reference Audio Analyzer. Heres the link: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Unfortunately they dont have the Sendy Aivaā€™s. I am hoping that someone will someday post our headphone there. We can use it in the Equalizer APO app. Itā€™s easy via the HeSuVi plugin. Or the front end Peace plugin.

I found a guide on how to do this but i fear its beyond me lol: https://medium.com/@jaakkopasanen/make-your-headphones-sound-supreme-1cbd567832a9

2 Likes

Thanks for the sharing, that tool looks very interesting. Iā€™ve watched some people sharing their experiences with the aiva, and some of them say aiva can be benefited from EQ. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m curious.
I was using EqualizerAPO and was playing around it a bit with my sdac(amp is o2 and aune x7s). Hope other sendy users can share their experience.

(Btw, I just receive SMSL m500 the other day, and I find myself quite enjoy the sound without any EQ. :slight_smile: )

Sendy aiva is on the Drop now.
sendy aiva

Itā€™s only $499.

For a second there, I thought it came with all the adapters and cables, and was very surprised they werenā€™t charging way more, but then I checked the description and they were add-ons lol

You could buy b stock sendys for 500, but new for 500 is a pretty good price

2 Likes

Itā€™s on Drop againā€¦ Kinda want it. hmmā€¦ hmmmmmmmmmm :thinking:

Iā€™m extremely tempted, but I just pulled the trigger on the Elex.

Personally I would say the elex is the superior headphone, but the tuning on the sendy is different

That was my impression, I just like the idea of Planars.
The Sendyā€™s or something better will still be there when/if get bored of the Elex.

Yeah, the sendys might be more exciting for sure. Perhaps also look into the lcd1 as well if you are interested in planars

Yeah, I think Iā€™m going to wait. Iā€™m curious to see how the M1070 and m1570 from monoprice review. Might also just save up for some ZMFsā€¦
The Elex is great. Personally still love mine, well past the ā€œhoneymoonā€ period with them. Still my favorite headphone. Love planars as well, also have the LCD2c, but the Elex is a pretty unique dynamic driver.

1 Like

I hope no one ordered these on Drop, because Musictek has it at 479 USD for the next few days.

Just got my aiva in earlier tonight, bought secondhand for $375, couldnā€™t resist that price.

Right away I noticed the build quality is just awesome, as well as the comfort. Iā€™m still getting used to the sound, but itā€™s very detailed and intimate, really enjoying the signature of these. They do have driver crinkle which seems to be normal on these, but like other people it only occurs when I put them on and take them off.

1 Like

Did it come with the perforated pads or the other regular one without holes?

It came with the non perf

Gotcha. If you have further issues with the crinkle getting the perforated sendy pads can help. Also makes the sound a bit more open

2 Likes

Cool I will look into that, Iā€™m guessing they are avaible at musictek?

Yup

Also they are a bit stiffer foam so they donā€™t compress as much

1 Like

I still find it awesome that a (MSRP) $599 headphone can have $25 replacement pads, and I think they raised their price $5 from the original price.

1 Like