Sendy Aivas VS DT 1990 VS HD660s

I have done so much research that I am now more confused than when I started researching. I will be gaming, listening to music and watching movies. Between these three, which is the best?

I know this is subjective but the opinions on these headphones are so different that it is stupid.
Leaning on to buy the sendys.

I think it’s more of a question of which one do you buy first? They are all winners!

As an all rounder my vote would go to 660.

My vote is the 1990 great for all those uses but out of the 660 or the 1990. I haven’t heard the aiva but the 1990 to me was.better for gaming

I’d second this and I know Zeos would as well. I’ve seen him kissing his Aivas in his latest videos. I’m not as fond of my Sendy’s as Zeos is, but if you like getting “punched in the face” with your music, they’re the cans for you!

What is it that you dont like about the sendys?

My suggestion is wait until Z/DMS or other reputable reviewers have reviewed the Thieaudio Phantom. BGGR is on the opinion that they are an overall winner over something like the Sendys. Of course it would still be best if you can personally try them before making a purchase.

1 Like

I’m sensitive to treble and they are treble heavy. They don’t have as much bass as I’d prefer either. They are beautiful cans and some of the most comfortable I own, but I can’t listen to them for very long without ringing in my ears unfortunately.

what would be your choice then between the hd660s and the dt1990s

DT 1990s hands down. If you want the 660s, just by the Massdrop Jubilee for $160 and take the foam out of the earcups. It’s the same driver and everything else about the headphone is structurally the same. I owned the 660s and returned them. I personally prefer the 650. The 650 is smooth compared to the more grainy sound of the 660. If you don’t already have a 650 or 6xx, you should just for the collection.

This isn’t true. They do sound similar though.

The 1990 will be the best all-arounder of the bunch. It doesn’t really have a flaw.

The Sendys have a very narrow soundstage and lack bass.

The 660s also have a pretty narrow stage.

Not so sure about this. He would probably ask what’s important to the buyer. If soundstage and bass are of his priorities, I’m guessing Zeos would definitely not recommend Sendy. Soundstage is pretty damn important for gaming.

After discovering what the thieaudio phantoms are, Ive looked to buy them, my question is still how are those for gaming?? Gaming is as equally important as music

What are you out of your mind? Have you even watched any of Z’s reviews??? Do some homework.

He’s literally kissing them on camera!!! 23 seconds in. “love you babies”. “The best cans of Can Jam 2019”.

17:48 “In the meantime, I’m going to take my Sendy Aiva’s, plug them back into balanced and listen to some tunes! Because going back and forth, I miss these, I miss using them. I have so much work to do so I don’t get to play. Hi Arya, hi edition XX, I love you both… but Sendys!!!”

This entire video… He even eludes to his opinion that the Sendy’s are better than Aeolus.

Have I more than proven my point or should I continue with more facts and examples?

Actually it requires a felt mod the to back of the driver, 58x are very good and can sound clinical even with possibly the cleanest midrange I’ve heard. However I’d still take my dt1990 over it due to the headphones versatility and better extension in the top and more promenintly in the low end. Balanced pads are my bae but for more 660ish sound go with analytical pads.

I already suggested the dt1990 was the way to go.

If these are going to be your only headphones to run everything i wouldn’t recommend the Sendys. I would say the 660S but i don’t own them. I have the 58X and are great for a all arounder. The DT1990 i don’t have any experience in.

I agree. Day to day, as your main headphone, the 660s are the best. The 1990s will get fatiguing over time and longer listening sessions. But it’s a superior headphone none the less.

For casual to competitive gaming (but mostly casual) and music enjoyment, the DT 1990 Pro are hard to beat for the price range as an all rounder.

They are detailed with a fair soundstage, great imaging, and separation. I liked the DT 1990 Pro with the analytical pads, but I found the Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads to be my personal favorite pad roll (a little more bass and a little less treble with a touch larger soundstage) over the stock pads, Dekoni Elite sheepskin and Elite fenestrated sheepskin. This is what I use as my daily drivers.

For competitive FPS I do prefer IEMs with a tighter soundstage with less bass and more treble, but I have really enjoyed casual gaming and streaming in the DT 1990 Pro.