đŸ”¶ Sendy Peacock

Pretty much everyone in the audio space cuts their videos like that, I think the veil of professional videography shouldn’t blanket the review from a person with a professional career in audio like DMS has. He doesn’t work for a professional media company, but he does work for a professional audio company as an audio engineer.

Just by the looks of it, vocals basically have to be totally trash.

Hence why I don’t really look at graphs and prefer listening to the actual headphone. As I stated the Peacocks absolutely excel with live performances where vocals is often the main highlight.

For example this track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzH_5qxcqM sounds absolutely subliminal on these. There are certainly tracks where I wish the vocals would be a bit more forward but they are so far from being totally trash that it’s hard to describe.

I did not write a glowing review of the Peacock but I don’t think they are trash either.

They don’t match my preference in headphones but I don’t think they are bad, just different enough to appeal to a different group of people than the more analytical offerings.

I personally wouldn’t purchase them but I wouldn’t tell people who do that they are mistaken.

2 Likes

Big respect to you, sir!

However, there is a great difference between “not my preference” and ‘these sound like when you cup your ears with your hands’. You can certainly separate personal preference and bad qualities.

Once again, going back to my approach to the SIVGA P-II review. It doesn’t match my preference, but possesses good qualities in terms of sound performance.

1 Like

The only people I trust are Crinacle and Resolve

I agree. I think the Peacock has a few issues but I don’t think it is anywhere near as bad as DMS paints it to be.

(That’s without taking into consideration personal preferences).

2 Likes

Don’t trust anyone except your own ears.

Let reviewers guide you but only you can be a 100% match to yourself.

3 Likes

Seems like some similarity to GL2000 in FR. NightOwl? What else are like these?

Also in the folks that like them, and what they describe liking about them (spatial features, live recordings), there’s some commonality. A new preference curve is born! What shall we call it? “DogShit” is not consumer-friendly

I second this 100%.

Of course. But they actually provide data to back up their claims. This is in the context of “online reviewers who I trust”. I of course trust myself judgement over theirs

Idk about you, but I separate data and personal experience.

I wouldn’t call personal experience a “claim”. Since the sound interpretation is happening inside ones head, you can’t really call that a “claim”.

^my two cents

Yeah it’s weird. I found I really like the gl2k on tubes for big band/Sinatra era stuff like fallout soundtracks but really nothing else worked. Is canine excrement a little more consumer friendly? Lol. Again haven’t heard the peacock so I won’t claim to know anything about them.

Just want to expand on the types of music I think the Peacock does well with; in addition to live music, metal sits very well with me on these cans. Their laid back nature makes death metal sound less piercing than normal, but highlights its riffs really well.

1 Like

Nevermind all the Harman research
 let’s tune stuff to the dogshit target :wink:

3 Likes

Please, this should be a disclaimer to every audio reviewer ever, cross-reference different reviewers opinions. No single person hears exactly the same get to know your taste before investing in the hype AND know that not every divisive/weird frequency response product sucks, there might be one for you.

back to the topic: I would personally not get the peacock im in the camp of I think the aesthetic design is bad and why the heck would I get this over an lcd X

2 Likes

As podcasts have proven, there is a niche out there for everything. Fill dem holes. With dogshit

I actually found the DMS review to be laughable. He obviously doesn’t enjoy that type of sound. And that is fine. To shit on them like that is simply bad form. Makes me want to try them now.

5 Likes

Yeah, the price is sort of what confuses me about this product. I absolutely would jump for an lcd-x over these when you factor in the price.

2 Likes

I agree. I feel like the Peacock is over priced. I want to try them real bad but I am not going to pay what they are asking for it. Drop it to about 900 bucks and now you are onto something.

As for the look, I like the way they look. I can’t speak to build quality, because I have not held them in my hands yet, but I suspect they are nicely built. And again, I like the look; wood, leather
 what’s not to like? They look better than the AB1266, for instance. I think those look like dog shit. But I bet they don’t sound like dog shit

2 Likes

Agreed. As mentioned above, for the same price, the LCD-X is built even more solid. Build quality is not a standout at this price. With a discount the Ether 2 matches its buold quality too.