đŸ”¶ Sendy Peacock

It is an easy-to-drive headphone with a “grown-up” full sound. Among other things, because you don’t have to invest excessive fortune in driving equipment to achieve a very solid sound.

I really like these headphone!

5 Likes

And ←:dollar::+1:

For windows equalizer apo:
After you setup your EQ, open Editor.exe from C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO and in the bottom-left corner you see Peak Gain, if the value has a positive value in color RED, then you go to Equalizer APO GUI and on top-left corner, you write the negative value in the Pre-Amplifying. For example If you see Peak Gain 3.0 dB, you write -3.0 dB on pre-amplifying, then press TAB. You need to reopen Editor.exe to see 0.0dB and how the graph changed.
You don’t need -30 dB, like never.
Sometimes, you even need positive Pre-amplifier, but mostly are with negative sign because we mostly like to 
 cut things from the FR.

Right. I am well aware of this. And actually if you go to the graph it will show you what to use as a suggested negative value for the pre-amp. I updated the post today. This had more to do with using the Amazon app and setting the device other than the default amp which was causing the weirdness with it suggesting the -30 amp value when I had the checkbox enabled. My suggestion is to make sure that both the default windows DAC device and the DAC device in Amazon are the same value when using Peace APO.

1 Like

Playing around with EQ for Sendy Peacock. Thought I would share here if anyone is interested. This makes it a little brighter and adds just a bit more air to the sound. It will loose a little in the midrange, it flattens it out a bit. It will maintain it’s soundstage and I added a low shelf of 60hz to prevent the sub-bass rolloff.

Sendy Peacock EQ:

Preamp: -6

60hz 	LS 4
100hz	PK 0 	Q 2
939hz	PK -0.4	Q 1.64
1800hz	PK 0	Q 2
2300hz	PK 4	Q 1.5
3512hz	PK 3.5	Q 2.18
5402hz	PK 3	Q 2
12000hz	PK 3.5	Q 2.18
1 Like

I advise to use the EQ for at least 3 consecutive days. Listen today, come back tomorrow and if the sound remain “impressive” then is the right way or the right EQ. Is not a good idea to EQ something today and then declare like its the best thing in the world. You just get used to the sound, tomorrow it may sound totally different and then
 you try other tricks. Then listen to other favourite headphone for 1 day and then tomorrow go back to the peacocks and then make the comparison if the peacock is better or not.
Many times did the same mistake, the second day sounded like trash even if the night before I was very impressed.

Ok soo
 uhm
 not sure why you are putting words in my mouth, but uh I was just sharing with the community my own finds with EQ. I never claimed this is the “best eq” for said headphone. Did I run over your cat or something? lol. This is the second post where you are coming off a little passive aggressive which I don’t appreciate.

1 Like

I get you, @Rick_Jones . I’m always playing with the EQ and oddly enough I have found that the trend for the Sivga Phoenix is about the same. I will also add that it’s never going to be the same twice! My ears take such a beating during the day with noise and other factors that I never know what state they will be in when I sit down for a session. That is the beauty of having the EQ there; it can gently compensate for my poor tired ears.

I also find this to be a very personal thing. No two ears are going to hear things the same way. So what works for one person will definitely NOT work for the next person. But I did find your settings interesting if not a little familiar.

1 Like

Nice. Yea this is really the reason I created a post, to discuss what others may find in maybe doing their own EQ for this headphone and what their experience was with it. I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

I thought this reviewer did a pretty good job describing this headphone. Falls inline with a lot of what has already been said here. I personally agree with he thoughts of it being more of a fun, laid back and just enjoy the music type of experience.

2 Likes

i find resolve to give the best EQ since he can measure afterwards. is he reviewing this headphone? i imagine so. however obsessing over an EQ after a purchase is generally a sign its not for me. but small tweaks to perfect it is a different story. i believe resolve is in this thread maybe try asking him.

1 Like

So while I do watch and appreciate what Resolve does for the community
 I was not asking for help specifically from him. The thread was merely to spark interest and discussions. Resolve does not have to be the only and final word. Hell, I would bet he would feel the same way about it.

Now if he decides to look at this headphone (which I am doubtful of. It isn’t his taste) then sure I will take a look at what he might provide.

Also Crinicle already created one and I did not care for it. His target curve is not to my liking. But that is ok. It help me see and compare both my EQ and his and could see where the differences are and test if changing them suited me better. EQing a said headphone and then claim it is “this is the best EQ” does not mean it is the best for you.

1 Like

So would anyone get this Peacock over Hifiman Arya?

I would all day, every day, and I owned the Arya twice.

3 Likes

I got the Peacock in yesterday and I only listened to if briefly before putting on the burn in rig but was very impressed.

I need to give it more time but I am hopeful for this one. I have the Ananda, Arya and HEKse here, so some comparisons will be in order once I’ve spent some more time with it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t.

1 Like

For completely “unmolested” listening and relaxing, and never having the impression of missing any details, the Peacock 24/7.

In order to be permanently attentive to the music and to receive all the details analytically, the Arya occasionally.

The stage presentation is great for both of them.

Both headphones are fundamentally different in terms of tone, quality workmanship and wearing comfort.

Both complement each other rather than being “rivals”.

4 Likes

But the Arya can sound shouty/harsh/sibilant in the upper mids/treble. The Peacock doesn’t eliminate harshness, but it definitely doesn’t add to it.

1 Like

I have found that this problem can be dealt with with a suitable DAC / amp combination.

In my case, the ifi iDSD signature & xBass & 3D is switched on, then the Arya really blooms :+1:

(like all HiFiman headphones, by the way)

Hey, I just wanted to give a quick update on this. The folks over at Sendy are sending another one just in case there was an issue with original one (big thanks to them), but it’s going to be Chrono who reviews it on the channel not me - but Chrono is someone whose takes I trust. We do have slightly different preferences, but it’s one of those things where I go “yeah I can see that”.

5 Likes