Sennheiser consumer division sold

Maybe the new product will be the HD601. Exactly the same as the HD600 but limited edition with a Sonova badge. :sweat_smile:

Wait, wait, wait - that would be the HD600S.

that would certainly be lame

That’s too much work.

2 Likes

it will certainly be interesting to see what will come out of this, anything could happen with a company transfer i suppose

“With the takeover of the company’s consumer business, Sonova is adding headphones and soundbars to its hearing care portfolio”

i don’t know what they mean by that but this is what has me worried a bit

So Sennheiser already had this Product X made and tested long ago.
It’s just marketing and convenience that just after the merge “here’s a new headphone”.
They have had these plans long before they come to day light.

1 Like

well, i don’t want to cause panic attacks, but maybe you can google translate this german article from n-tv:

They suspect, that one of the main reasons for acquiring the Sennheiser brand, is for selling OTC hearing aids. The company also sees growth opportunities in the wireless headphones business, among other things, and wants to get access to younger people, that currently listen to music, but will develop hearing problems with age eventually. That last point is actually damn funny… imagine a PA speaker company also selling hearing aids lol

Try the 58X. I know, not as airy or whatever as the 600, but the bass extension increase is very noticeable. You can always EQ the 58X to sound like a 600 but with better bass.

I mean, if the consumer division was bought by a company which made hearing aids, that could bring about a new era of Sennheiser iems? Idk, I feel like I’ve seen something similar happen before but I can’t put my finger on it

Hörluchs is also a German manufacturer who makes both hearing aids and IEMs.
Maybe that’s why it sounds familiar to you.

http://hoerluchs.com/gehoerschutz/Pulsar/de_DE.CMS.display.1./hoerluchs-gehoerschutz-aus-deutschland

1 Like

hearing aids and iem’s are the same. hearing aids made iems possible. but it doesnt matter who they sold it to. not like sennheiser has really come out with anything new in forever. i look at this as a very good thing.

but on a real note: will the new company continue the partnership with drop?

“Sonnheiser” R and D working on their new horn IEM :man_shrugging:

iu

9 Likes

Didn’t the press release state that Sonova made the purchase to expand their customer base.
In which case I’d assume they would keep manufacturing headphones, and other audio products.

WHAAAAT???

ten characters…

Sonova bitch

2 Likes

How long until this acquisition will start affecting the sennheiser products? I read somewhere that all of sennheiser’s plans for the consumer division for the next 3 year’s wouldn’t change but its hard to belive a company would buy something without being able to touch it for an extended period of time unless it’s an agreement to hand over in three years or a slow roll over and integration between company’s.

Also I have no idea how this stuff works, I’m planning to buy hd800s this year and was waiting for a sale but this whole thing makes me wonder if I should just buy them now.

Usually when you buy an existing successful company, you put someone from your company alongside existing leadership, and look at what’s there and how it works.
You usually don’t make radical changes on day one.
With manufacturing I’d expect the lead time from R&D to design to public availability, to be measured in years, so while you might cancel a project if you believe it’s misguided or you need to reallocate resources, but if the company was well run, and had a direction you agree with, then you probably just go with it.

If your just buying it for tech or talent, then it’s a different story.

3 Likes

Its funny because nyc ordered stax electrostats way back to do their ear tests

Really? That’s cool. I wonder if they got much theft from audiophiles lol.

It looks like their new product is the IE900.

2 Likes