šŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD560s

I wonder if this is Sennheisers attempt to bring clients back to them directly rather than through Drop.

@M0N, you gonna get these or look to demo them through your sources?

I have a few friends who bought them, so I will get around to it eventually

4 Likes

looking forward to hearing your impressions.

but, he doesnā€™t review anything lol

5 Likes
7 Likes

Iā€™m actually tempted to snag a pairā€¦ Iā€™m not a Sennheiser person, but from how much DMS liked itā€¦ I may have to check this one out for myself. I am curious as to if @ZeosPantera will be doing a review.
I am also curious as to if they can actually be run balanced. @DMS pointed out the connector for the headphones themselves was a four pin.

8 Likes

Am also tempted to give these a try. Then again 200ā‚¬ I did not intend to spend.

Simple test would be a balanced cable and a multimeter to check for continuity.

2 Likes

The DIY-Audio-Heaven article linked above also analyzed the cable:

ā€œInternally the cable is 4-wire construction litze wire and the return signals are combined in the 6.3mm TRS plug. Those that know how to solder litze wire can shorten the cable or turn it into a balanced cable.ā€

So it seems to be quite simple to turn its stock cable into a balanced one by soldering a 4pin XLR, 2.5mm or 4.4mm plug on it.

4 Likes

I wasnā€™t as intrigued with the 58X like many other people, but this one sounds super interesting. Iā€™m not an headphone guy either, well I use to be.

How is the detail level campared to 800s? If this is only 120 ohm and replacing there lower end then Iā€™m optimistic on there 300 ohm or if they decide to do high ohm 600 ohm please models. Making even more detail or even better drivers than past models.

I just saw DMSā€™s review. More detail than a HD600 for $218? I really donā€™t need more Sennā€™s. But this is really temptingā€¦

1 Like

DMS praised the dt880 and tygr which are headphones I love. So that fact that he is literally jizzing over these has me intrigued to at least try them out.

5 Likes

I think the 660s is the successor to the 600 line so it looks like, much like beyerdynamic, their main focus is on lower impedances.

DMS says in his replies to questions posted to his video that the 560 is detailed for its price bracket but not as detailed as headphones at higher prices, including even the Sundara:

ā€¦ Sundara is more detailed but this is more linear ā€¦

• DMS

ā€¦ DT1990 has an edge on detail but these win on frequency response ā€¦

• DMS
3 Likes

Very interesting, I would be surprised if it was true in the bass

I found your observation puzzling assuming you were referring to detail, then it occurred to me you might be talking about linearity, not detail. His own measurements show some fall-off below 60 or 70 Hz where the Sundara is linear. The amazing thing is how little fall-off there is accomplished with little or no mid-bass/low-mid elevation.

Ah yes my bad I was meaning linearity

Yeah I would be super surprised if senn made something as linear as the sundara as really most things they make tend to have more rounded bass (and also planar vs dynamic, the planar is typically going to be more linear anyways). It does look way more linear than most senn tho so will be curious to see how it turns out

Hmmmā€¦I VERY unexpectedly rejoined the ranks of headphone users after 6+ years of being IEM-only when I got my very-fun-to-listen ATH-WP900 earlier this month. After consuming some 560s content over the past 24 hours, I am tempted to grab a pair as it would be nice to have something on hand once again that is of a more reference signature.

Ughā€¦now I need to hunt down a ~1.2 meter cable I can use for balanced 4.4mm, AND single-ended 3.5mm. I wish modular cables (like DUNU does for IEMs) was more accessible than it seems to be for over-ears cans.

1 Like

Check to see if Hart has a compatible connector. Iā€™ve already confirmed they can make one for my m40x

Iā€™ve just tried them a few hours ago. I was very impressed by them for the price point, and they were super light!

I would be interesting to see if Senn will come out with a balanced cable. Since there isnā€™t one listed yet, nor a stock replacement cable for pricing info to see if getting a spare cable to re-terminate into balanced is worthwhile.

Still a few days before they are officially for sale, if stock arrives in my country on time.

4 Likes